• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JaMarcus Russell, 308 Pounds, Returning to NFL

chknwing

he was 320lbs. He came out saying he dropped 12 lbs and was ready for an NFL return. Why wouldn't he get into playing shape before he came out and said he wanted to return. He is not serious about this.

This might be a call for help... He could be looking for some guidance/support or someone to even help him with his journey back to the league.

Like I said before if he is super cereal about playing QB... He should drop to about 245-250

This might be a call for help... He could be looking for some guidance/support or someone to even help him with his journey back to the league.

Like I said before if he is super cereal about playing QB... He should drop to about 245-250

yea dudes got a cannon for an arm. It's really a shame he doesnt realize how lucky he was to be in that situation. But yea if he is serious about it, with his size, arm, athleticism, he could be pretty good.

yea dudes got a cannon for an arm. It's really a shame he doesnt realize how lucky he was to be in that situation. But yea if he is serious about it, with his size, arm, athleticism, he could be pretty good.

I don't think he'll be in the league this year... Might have to prove his self in the CFL.

Jets-This would be a terrible place for him to go.. No veteran leadership at all

Cardinals- Would Bruce Arians work with Russell?

Bills- Likely to draft a QB

Browns- maybe?

Eagles- Don't see it happening, plus another bad place to go Philly fans are ruthless

Chiefs- Possible, but I don't see it happening

Jaguars- Possibly but I doubt it

Raiders- Probably not the best road to go down....

(can't think of any other QB "needy" teams)

I don't think he'll be in the league this year... Might have to prove his self in the CFL.

Jets-This would be a terrible place for him to go.. No veteran leadership at all

Cardinals- Would Bruce Arians work with Russell?

Bills- Likely to draft a QB

Browns- maybe?

Eagles- Don't see it happening, plus another bad place to go Philly fans are ruthless

Chiefs- Possible, but I don't see it happening

Jaguars- Possibly but I doubt it

Raiders- Probably not the best road to go down....

(can't think of any other QB "needy" teams)

Carolina!!

Seriously, Tampa, Tenn, teams like Det needs a backup. There is a market, if he is serious.

Carolina!!

Seriously, Tampa, Tenn, teams like Det needs a backup. There is a market, if he is serious.

LOL!!

If he's serious and gets close to 250-245 he has the potential to be a great backup/possible starter I just think he needs to go to a team with veteran leadership to put him on the right track.

Ryan Leaf is costing you fugers thousands to chill in a jail for snorting up his $$. If you look at J Russ numbers, they arent THAT bad. His second year was decent in fact. But oh no, hes fat amd dumn and lazy. Whatever..with so many shitty QBs in the league he should find a team, if he is serious.

52.1 completion %, 19 total TDs, 38 turnovers. How do you figure his numbers aren't that bad? They are terrible

Its amazing how people with no talent dehumanize people with with talent. The Raiders picked him. The same as they would be with any other player, they are culpable in his success or failure. (the raiders track record for developing talent speaks for itself). Did he live up to his potential, obviously not. But whatever the reasons for him being lazy and unfocused (i freely admit that he was), he has done nothing to deserve raucous, unadulterated hate. Its a shame really. You cant live his life and you cant have his talent. Get over it.

Does he deserve a second chance? At 300 pounds, HELL NO!! But hey if the man can play then thats his concern. Some people that come back from emotional adversity are heralded as heros. Others are shunned as pariahs. Im curious to see the criteria for picking who becomes media darlings because I am definitely missing something somewhere.

I can tell you this... If Ryan Leaf came out and said "I'm planing a comeback" I can guarantee there would be just as much poo talk (if not more) in that thread. Don't make this a discrimination thread man because there's none here

I hope JaMarcus comes back and shocks the world... But the way he just didn't care in Oakland I highly doubt it. It would be an amazing story and I hope he does take it as serious (or even more) as Derek Anderson (lol)

For folks who love to clain that things are black and white, u r quick to turn my comment into just that. And I have read a lot of the Ryan Leaf posts. But my point still remains, despite all the mess that Ryan has done to himself, if he was to make a comeback in the NFL, he would be given a better chance than Russel. The reason why? Ryan was not turned into a mockery like Russel was over his weaknesses. He was given endless changes to get his act together. He just kepr screwing up and left the NFL on his own. The sentiments surrounding Ryan seems more on the level of disappointed and not simple a desire to ridicule and mock like in the case of Russel.

For folks who love to clain that things are black and white, u r quick to turn my comment into just that. And I have read a lot of the Ryan Leaf posts. But my point still remains, despite all the mess that Ryan has done to himself, if he was to make a comeback in the NFL, he would be given a better chance than Russell.

No he wouldn't. He only got 3 seasons like Russell. Leaf was a joke and Russell was a joke.

For folks who love to clain that things are black and white, u r quick to turn my comment into just that. And I have read a lot of the Ryan Leaf posts. But my point still remains, despite all the mess that Ryan has done to himself, if he was to make a comeback in the NFL, he would be given a better chance than Russel. The reason why? Ryan was not turned into a mockery like Russel was over his weaknesses. He was given endless changes to get his act together. He just kepr screwing up and left the NFL on his own. The sentiments surrounding Ryan seems more on the level of disappointed and not simple a desire to ridicule and mock like in the case of Russel.

The only reason I've turned it that way was because there has been so many threads about "discrimination". So I apologize if you didn't mean it like that. But the only reason Leaf would possibly get a better chance than Russel would is because he's in better shape than him. I really hope JaMarcus can turn this around and shock the world but I can't help to doubt him since he let himself get up to 3+ bills.

Archived