• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Percy Harvin

SteveSmithOwns

I don't post many topics on this board, but this one that particually intrigues me, and it could be plausible as well.

News has come out that Percy Harvin is likely to be traded due to a tirade he gave at his coaches. Here is a player who is dynamic and young, but also has a bad attitude...ala Steve Smith back in the day.

Now normally, the Panthers don't make these types of bold moves, but that was with the old GM, and Gettlemen may try to fill a hole while also giving us some cap relief.

So what I was thinking, since Percy Harvin is injury prone, he isn't going to go for a first rounder, but a second rounder and change. However, we do have players that we would be glad to trade, including Jon Beason, also coming off injury. If I'm Gettlemen, I'm gonna try and trade Beason (or Gamble if they would want him more) + a 2nd or 3rd rounder for this guy. This gives us a dynamic Wideout, lessening what we need to do in the draft, plus getting rid of the salary. In terms of the attitude, hopefully SS can take him under his wing and teach him how to deal with it. I also realize we would need to probably give him a new contract with the deal, which could be the biggest burden to deal with.

Do you guys think that there is a chance something like this would happen, and if so, would you do it?

I could be OK with it, but honestly, I'd rather go after a WR in the draft that is looking to prove himself than a receiver already in the league, who is injury prone, and has reported attitude problems that could be a problem in the locker room. Again, if we did it, I would be OK with it, but only because it'd be a semi-aggressive move, and that is something we have sorely missed in this franchise in terms of offseason moves.

Archived