• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why can't we ever just make a splash?

I still say you're all wrong. Cam will never be more healthy and he will be in the next 2 to 3 years. You need to make these huge moves now not in a few seasons. The window is now.

If he's TGOAT as you say, why are you worried about his window closing after year 5?

Agreed.

But the bright side of all this is after next season the "worst" of Hurneyfest will be behind us and we can start contending.

I find the Godfrey and Delhomme extensions to be Hurndogs most egregious transgressions.

I for one want to keep Hardy at all costs if his level of play is sustained we have the three most important pieces to run a 4-3 in today's NFL.

I still say you're all wrong. Cam will never be more healthy and he will be in the next 2 to 3 years. You need to make these huge moves now not in a few seasons. The window is now.

How old are you? Because you display the patience of a 14 year old.

I completly disagree, as Cam becomes a better passer the hits he take will decrease and unlike other mobile QB's he is built to take it.

Four our of our top five players are well under 30, hardly a closing window... hell the window hasn't even opened yet.

1.Newton

2.Smith

3.Johnson

4.Keuchly

5.Hardy

6. Kalil

With the exception of Smith none of them have even hit there prime yet.

It does suck. I think you'd be lying if you said you wouldn't get excited if Carolina did start making big free agent signings. But the thing is that the team has NEVER really done that and more than likely never will. We'll end up with some decent mid level guys and that's it, while the draft will bring the most excitement because those players will end up being the real stars on the team.

OP is obviously a Camwagoner since he doesn't understand that's just how it is.

It does suck. I think you'd be lying if you said you wouldn't get excited if Carolina did start making big free agent signings. But the thing is that the team has NEVER really done that and more than likely never will. We'll end up with some decent mid level guys and that's it, while the draft will bring the most excitement because those players will end up being the real stars on the team.

OP is obviously a Camwagoner since he doesn't understand that's just how it is.

Guys drafted will end up being stars if you draft studs and not safer type guys. Silatolu's. etc.

I'm not a Cam wagoner... he is my favorite player on the team, I just happen to believe our window to win a title got bigger when we selected him and for as long as he is here we have a legit shot any given sunday. He needs studs around him.

The fact that we've never done it and "that's just how it is" isn't a very good argument. That's probably why we haven't remained relevant or moved into the top tier of franchises. At some point things need to change.

The fact that we've never done it and "that's just how it is" isn't a very good argument. That's probably why we haven't remained relevant or moved into the top tier of franchises. At some point things need to change.

We have done it, and if you take the time to carefully read the responses in this thread, you will learn that. We've signed big names that didn't work out, big names that did ok, and we've made trades for big names. We haven't done it this year yet, but it's likely we'll sign a few free agents before it's all said and done.

Be patient, and let the overspenders overspend. Last year the Bucs were huge players, and how did that work out for them?

We have done it, and if you take the time to carefully read the responses in this thread, you will learn that. We've signed big names that didn't work out, big names that did ok, and we've made trades for big names. We haven't done it this year yet, but it's likely we'll sign a few free agents before it's all said and done.

Be patient, and let the overspenders overspend. Last year the Bucs were huge players, and how did that work out for them?

I'm just talking about going out and getting one elite WR or player for a spot. Not 4 or 5.

We could get something done to make us better, we just don't.

Watch out folks, armchair GM has figured out something that the rest of the REAL GM's are to stupid to figure out.

Yea, because the rest of the real GM's you speak of have done such a fine job here. Are you conditioned to being just an okay team? Do you think because they're collecting a paycheck from organizations and "REAL GM" that every decision they make is the right one? Is that why so many front office members are looking for work every February?

Niners are trying to make and making all kinds of moves. They have $1M on paper in cap space. Yeah, I win.

You're not allowed to "win" when you can't understand the difference in the personnel moves made by a team that barely lost the superbowl and is fairly complete and the moves made by a team who finished 7-9 and is full of holes.

It would take me ages to go through all of the drivel posted in this thread because someone wants another marquee player to nut-hug (there are two arms after all - need two sets to fondle) but that's not how bad teams get better.

The quickest path to redemption for this team (or any team in our position) is not to get that one player that everyone wants. It's to spread that money around to as many guys who are upgrades to what we have but maybe not super-mega-awesome-big-names that make a satisfying splashing sounds when you read them as we can...use those guys to fill the glaring holes and get us to the hump. Once we're at the hump THEN the front office can look and see if there's one guy who gets us over the hump. We are a team with several young potential superstars and a ton of holes in the roster. As someone who can see past the tip of my own nose I accept, whether I like it or not, the fact that we have a few "who the fug is that guy?" offseasons left before we get to the "sweet we got THAT guy" offseasons. And I'm OK with that. Because I don't want to be the Washington Redskins (by the way how did making a splash work out for those guys? Lot of recent Lombardi's up there?).

And, since I'm on a roll, just this moment I felt decidedly stupid because I'm responding to a guy who asked why we can't trade some future picks to get back up into the first round. Because mortgaging the future has always worked out so well for us in the past, right?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what it sounds like when someone herps so hard that they derp.

~edit~

Just for people who read that and still want to pound "but splashes man I CRAVE SPLASHES. THEY MAKE ME HAPPY BRO" I'll leave you with this image of a past splash...

1427467_display_image.jpg?1301362309

I mean, we all know there's a direct correlation between making the first big splash in free agency and winning the Super Bowl, right?

Right? :unsure:

Some things are lost on posters here, just like Zod said first day of the offseason that we wouldn't sign anyone big, but still people get shocked about this every time it happens

Archived