• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any car enthusiasts?

charlottenian

You can't go wrong with a Honda or Acura. Perfect blend of performance, practicality, and reliability. They are very easy to work on and their resale values continue to be the best of any brand sold in the U.S.

I'm looking to buy an RSX. Those things are sweet

• 3 weeks later...

I know it seems shallow to be obsessed with cars but for me it has always been a passion. I finally took the splurge and got a brand new XJ as the new body is spectacular when compared to my previous XJ. I joined a local Jaguar enthusiasts club and find myself with a bunch of middle aged men who all sit and talk shop about these cars. Anyone else here just as passionate about a particular brand of cars?

how are these for big people???

got my eye on a couple 09 XF's and was curious how they were for interior size before I go to the lot to look at them!

• 2 weeks later...

I've always loved cars. Kind of weird to say it now but I suppose you could call me a Land Rover enthusiast. I have a 2003 Discovery II that I've loved for 4 years now as if it were my wife. I've added a 2 inch lifted, oversized all terrains, brush guard, and a half rack with lights.

I do all my own maintenance. I've replaced the headgaskets, heatercore, plugs/wires. driveline service, all that. Land Rovers are pretty much pieces of crap. Mine has been fairly good to me though. I've learned so much about cars and mechanics with this truck. I've gone from a totaly newb to shade tree mechanic lol.

DSCN3083.jpg

Had a '99 Series 1 for about 5 years and loved it. Bought it out of college with 116,000mi on it and drove it until 196,000mi. Really was fairly reliable (1 alternator and 1 water pump) until the end. Started leaking  oil and steering fluid bad. Parked it at my mom's for 2 years and finally just sold it to a friend for $250 

Would have loved to keep it and turn it into a nice off-road truck but had nowhere to work on it

any of you fruit cups drive a Mercedes now or in the past?

I drive an 04 E320, got about 140k miles on it.  Been quite reliable, no major problems.  Still gets 28mpg and I usually drive around 75-80 mph on the highway.  Would love to get a new Audi A6, I love the design but don't really want to drop $55k on a new car.

Archived