• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

Cam2Ligit2Quit

I think he's actually got more going against him than even Armanti Edwards at this point. He's in Rivera's dog house. The last time he had significant playing time John Fox was head coach, and we have a new GM with zero ties. What about that situation says guaranteed roster spot this year?

1. Let me make this statement. fug Rivera's doghouse. It's the strangest poo ever. How players get on it is a mystery and if he let's his doghouse get in the way of putting a talented player on the field. Then he won't be the coach for long.

2. Gettis has a few things going for him.

He's cheap.

He's young.

He has more upside then any WR on this roster.

Last not only is he a deep threat with track speed. He is a big target in the Red zone.

Something Gettlemen mention he wanted.

David Gettis couldn't beat out Louis Murphy....we can't live in 2010 forever for the kid

I don't know if that's true.

1. He could have still not been right from his injury.

2. This coaching staff has shown that they don't always make correct judgement with the Depth chart.

Example: Leaguedoodoo starting over Lafell most of last year.

Tell me how the argument is invalid other than "he cant catch the ball!".

Hey you're the one who made the statement. Elaborate on how you think he will suddenly become a #2.

1. Let me make this statement. fug Rivera's doghouse. It's the strangest poo ever. How players get on it is a mystery and if he let's his doghouse get in the way of putting a talented player on the field. Then he won't be the coach for long.

He's cheap.

He's young.

Last not only is he a deep threat with track speed. He is a big target in the Red zone.

Something Gettlemen mention he wanted.

Are you implying he is out to get him? Only one other guy was in his dog house, Joe Fumbles Adams.

If that's all he has going for him then he's going to have his work cut out for him in competing for a roster spot here. There are quite a few other young, quick, tall, and cheap WR's out there who have actually had real playing time in the last few years.

He's cheap.

He's young.

Something Gettleman mention he wanted.

Gettleman did say he liked big guys. <Cue the Chirs McClain jokes>

Hey you're the one who made the statement. Elaborate on how you think he will suddenly become a #2.

Are you implying he is out to get him? Only one other guy was in his dog house, Joe Fumbles Adams.

If that's all he has going for him then he's going to have his work cut out for him in competing for a roster spot here. There are quite a few other young, quick, tall, and cheap WR's out there who have actually had real playing time in the last few years.

Why didn't Naka ever hit the doghouse if fumbling gets you there. Given up game winning plays and missing tackels should get you there as well.

There is not another WR on this roster that is 6'3 has track speed and has actually had a full season of game exp. You tell me who you got?

They also have to cost the price of a 6th round pick.

seahawksb_logo.gifAlan Branch, DT, Seahawks. Age: 28. star.gifstar.gif

Alan Branch is sort of a jack-of-all-trades defensive tackle. He has no glaring weaknesses and is at his best when stopping the run.

http://walterfootbal...gents2013DT.php

This. I've been trying to figure out why we, or anybody for that matter, haven't shown more interest in him. I think he'd be the perfect fit for us at the 1-tech.

I'd like to see us bring in Richard Seymour on a 1-year deal as well if we can re-sign Dwan. Then grab a young DL in the 2nd, maybe Kawann Short or Brandon Williams.

I'm with you on the Boothe signing as well.

Guys Gettis was not playing last year for a reason. We don't know why but somethng was going on. No coach is going to leave talent on the bench for personal reasons.

I think it has more to do with coming back from the ACL and not being ready then anything else. He could have been cut by now but there is still time for that to happen. But if he makes it to TC I'm pretty sure he will make the team.

Archived