• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have an announcement

NanceUSMC

About 3 months ago a routine checkup with the Dr returned some less than stellar results... She wanted to put me on meds for cholesterol, and I suspect BP meds were soon to follow... I told her to keep them, and that I wasn't interested in the medication...

Well, fast forward to today...

As of this morning I'm down 50 pounds, and my cholesterol is down 100 points (160)... I've hit my target weight (173), and am back to the size I was as a 25 year old US Marine...

New Year's Resolution : DONE!

=)

thats what i told my doc. low # for BP was a shade high. he didn't push meds but said if i don't make some adjustments it could be an option. i said no way.

focused on the sodium intake and just tried to sweat more. didn't destroy the way nance did but have seen #'s go down.

Good for you. Was it a diet change or exercise or both?

I put myself on a calorie count, eating lots of veggies and fruit, fish and chicken, while cutting out sodas, sweets, red meats, etc...

Then I encorporated a workout regimine... My personal workout was 5 miles / 5 days a week...

I wanted to see fast results, so I (admittedly) went extreme on both ends of that spectrum... My wife is doing a more methodical diet and is achieving nice results, too...

I put myself on a calorie count, eating lots of veggies and fruit, fish and chicken, while cutting out sodas, sweets, red meats, etc...

Then I encorporated a workout regimine... My personal workout was 5 miles / 5 days a week...

I wanted to see fast results, so I (admittedly) went extreme on both ends of that spectrum... My wife is doing a more methodical diet and is achieving nice results, too...

1 minute of skipping rope = 3 minutes of jogging

just something to think about

i read recently that some boxing gyms won't you allow to spar or even train if you can't do sets of 3x3x3 minutes skipping rope. not sure exactly what that means 3 mins and 30 seconds between for 3 sets or something like that i'm guessing

i've tried google to find out with no success

i'm definitely going to work up to doing some of these:

i read recently that some boxing gyms won't you allow to spar or even train if you can't do sets of 3x3x3 minutes skipping rope. not sure exactly what that means 3 mins and 30 seconds between for 3 sets or something like that i'm guessing

i've tried google to find out with no success

i'm definitely going to work up to doing some of these:

">

that's awesome Nance....good for you man!

it's sad that we need a potential life altering doctor's appointment to drive us to do something like this and I'm the worst culprit of them all. I really need to try to get motivated without the bad news first!

happy for you!! Keep it up!

Archived