• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Injustice: Gods Among Us (New D.C. Game)

Catalyst

It's released on April 15th, but I just got an advanced copy of it yesterday and it's pretty bad-ass. If you like Mortal Kombat (I'm an old school MK fan from way back) you'll like this whether you're a comic fan or not. The story mode is outstanding and the gameplay just as good.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone come the 15th.

I downloaded the demo and it felt like a slightly better version of MK vs DC. The controls are the same it just feels like you move more fluid and the graphics look a bit better. I can't really play MK vs DC for more than 15 minutes without getting bored so I doubt I'll pick this one up.

The story mode is what makes this worth playing. But they also have this feature called "STAR Labs" where you go on missions specific to each character. It's a little different from what I've seen with most fighting games.

As a MK9 vet (tourny level I don't fug around ) I have a few issues with this game mainly being the block mechanic is ass. I don't like street fighter and I think it's dumb that after 10+ years of the same mechanic they decided to change back to block and down to block instead of having a designated block button. That doesn't stop me from shitting on kids ( 48 % meterless with wonder woman at will ) but crossover punches and kicks are going to get so many people bodied because netherealm is bad about up close glitches and autocorrected movements. Even SF couldn't get that crap right. Gonna pick it up on the 16th and melt faces with harley quinn and green arrow but be advised about that bs.

The story mode is what makes this worth playing. But they also have this feature called "STAR Labs" where you go on missions specific to each character. It's a little different from what I've seen with most fighting games.

Isn't it just a newer version of Challenge Tower?

As a MK9 vet (tourny level I don't fug around ) I have a few issues with this game mainly being the block mechanic is ass. I don't like street fighter and I think it's dumb that after 10+ years of the same mechanic they decided to change back to block and down to block instead of having a designated block button. That doesn't stop me from shitting on kids ( 48 % meterless with wonder woman at will ) but crossover punches and kicks are going to get so many people bodied because netherealm is bad about up close glitches and autocorrected movements. Even SF couldn't get that crap right. Gonna pick it up on the 16th and melt faces with harley quinn and green arrow but be advised about that bs.

Hey, guess what? This game isn't Mortal Kombat.

Back to block is a better mechanic. I think most of the tournament scene would agree with that statement.

Hey, guess what? This game isn't Mortal Kombat.

Back to block is a better mechanic. I think most of the tournament scene would agree with that statement.

Nope but the company is the same and the scene can think whatever it wants. It's a terrible mechanic and netherealm will fug it up way worse than any of the previous ones. Only one I ever was ok with was the one from tekken because there aren't heavy projectiles and crossovers.

Upon first week of play few probs I have.

1. Way more auto corrected moves. By that I mean if a string is b3,1,2 db3 it will do the special move for down back 2 because you pressed db after 2.

2. If using a character that has a move like aquamans over the shoulder special. It will go buggy during the crossover as I predicted with the cross over jumps though this is worse than the jumps themselves which arn't so bad but still not my favorite.

3. Dashing into combos is basically impossible on this game aside from a few characters, Harley quinn especially since her dash is a cartwheel that has more frames than most of the dashes. You can jump punch to cover distance if they're high enough to continue comboing and sometimes you can walk if your timing is perfect.

4. I found a Cyrax style reset with Green Arrow yesterday while screwing around in practice mode like 80+% damage reset that's unescapeable (had a friend try to get out with multiple characters and he couldn't)

#4 if about the only one I believe they would fix.

Other things that I don't like but this is all a matter of play style.

Too many non-skilled zoning players taking advantage of how easy it is to spam in this game where in mk there were only 3-4 decent zoners. This game has a half roster full of zoners. While I don't mind throwing a projectile or two at full screen, doing small strings with just the intention of pushing to full screen so you can spam is just a gay way to play and takes every bit of fun out of the game.

I don't like that Joker doesn't have enough popups so you're forced to play him a little more zone than you would like. Sparring partner of mine loves Joker and loves to play rush down and though he was able to make it work with a zone heavy Deathstroke he can't seem to get much working with Joker because of his lack of options.

Overall I don't find myself after work going I can't wait to play this like I did with Tekken and Mortal Kombat and i'm a huge Fighter player so take that for what it's worth. You can get your moneys worth if you like DC comics but if you're just looking for a fighter I would wait and see if they fix any of this first.

I thought the game was fun and the story line was great. The way you can interact with the levels is pretty cool and they're all very detailed. Each character is unique with unique special moves as well as their finisher. This isn't a RPG with 100 hours of game play but overall it is a great casual fighting game.

I thought the game was fun and the story line was great. The way you can interact with the levels is pretty cool and they're all very detailed. Each character is unique with unique special moves as well as their finisher. This isn't a RPG with 100 hours of game play but overall it is a great casual fighting game.

That's literally the worst part of the game.

Have you read a comic? Smashing someone through a wall or bashing them with a car is part of the lore.

And yet, no Marvel game has ever made stage intractables that are unblockable.

Hmm, wonder if Capcom knows more about what they're doing that Netherrealm.

And yet, no Marvel game has ever made stage intractables that are unblockable.

Hmm, wonder if Capcom knows more about what they're doing that Netherrealm.

Don't stand there like an idiot and you wouldn't get, pretty simple logic. Your style of play doesn't define a game, if you don't like getting hit with objects while you're standing defenseless then don't play a fighting game.

Archived