• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

City is running out of options in effort to tie Panthers to Charlotte

SCP

Also, if JR died today in 2 years we would either need a new stadium or have to move? WTF is wrong with our stadium now?

If you spent a billion dollars on this team in 2 years and you had two options:

1) You can move out of Carolina to a new stadium with state of the art suites and high dollar market value in a city/state that is willing to put financial skin in the game.

2). Stay in Charlotte in an aging building in a city/state that has no interest in any type of financial backing for upgrades or a new building in a small market dominated by people who could not care less about the home team.

Which would you choose for your shiny new purchase?

This fuggin BS. I mean what choice do we have? Do you want an NFL team or not? Not many states have one of those.

I realize that JR could pay for all that sht himself but at least he isn't asking for the same kind of money that other owners do of their cities. I have doubts that we would ever have another team again if we lost the Panthers. The legacy that JR wanted for this team has already started. I'm a first generation Panther fan and I started watching when I was 5 years old. I love this team as much as any Green Bay fan would love their team. And I know that I'm one of thousands in the same category.

The team was built and literally designed to represent the region (NC/SC). This is supposed to be our fuggin team and no one elses. I'm all game for a petition.

This fuggin BS. I mean what choice do we have? Do you want an NFL team or not? Not many states have one of those.

I realize that JR could pay for all that sht himself but at least he isn't asking for the same kind of money that other owners do of their cities. I have doubts that we would ever have another team again if we lost the Panthers. The legacy that JR wanted for this team has already started. I'm a first generation Panther fan and I started watching when I was 5 years old. I love this team as much as any Green Bay fan would love their team. And I know that I'm one of thousands in the same category.

The team was built and literally designed to represent the region (NC/SC). This is supposed to be our fuggin team and no one elses. I'm all game for a petition.

The sad part is right now, today, there are 6 other teams getting financial assistance from their local and state legislatures: Buffalo, Miami, Atlanta, Indianapolis, San Fran, Minnesota. Minnesota is the only one I know of that met any type of resistance.

The votes have been cast and we have to live with the decisions our elected officials make. This anti-Panther funding vote has bipartisan support. The state is just willing to play chicken with whomever the new owner ends up being.

Sounds like the existing convention center funds proposal has passed through the state legislature today but that still leaves about a $98 million short fall. Will be interesting to see how this effects the 15 year tether. Probably cut it in half?

So *if* the Panthers move, where would it be to?

Who knows. But without a tether to the city and our current stadium situation, the Panthers are the easiest team in the NFL to relocate. At least according to league experts cited in other articles.

This highlights everything wrong with our governments today. If Charlotte wants to foot the bill, so fuggin be it.

I hardly go to Charlotte, but I'd still donate money to keep the team I love here and probably more than your average diner going person would payout through the duration of this bill. So dumb.

Archived