• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers were targetting Russell Wilson last year

JawnyBlaze

Never said it would have been, just took exception to all the huggers saying no way Wilson would have had a chance here.

At least Carroll, after having spent a boat load of cash on a FA QB, had a "best guy wins the job" competition. Most huggers here would never allow such. I don't put any guy over the team.

Never said it would have been, just took exception to all the huggers saying no way Wilson would have had a chance here.

At least Carroll, after having spent a boat load of cash on a FA QB, had a "best guy wins the job" competition. Most huggers here would never allow such. I don't put any guy over the team.

i like alcohol too man.

forgive me for believing that there isn't a team in the league that would declare an "open competition" between a mid-round rookie and a guy who had just come off a rookie year where he generated 4700 yards and 35 touchdowns.

seattle certainly wouldn't have done it. the reason that things played out the way they did was because the seahawks didn't have much going on at quarterback at the time. jackson had been underwhelming and was traded in the preseason, flynn had two career starts and was brought in on a "show me" contract, and wilson was a rookie. it was a totally different set of circumstances.

the idea that the seahawks (or any team) would have benched a 2nd-year cam for a 3rd round rookie in wilson is as insane as someone arguing that they'd bring in a rookie that might threaten wilson this year.

Yeah let's have a "best guy wins the job" competition between Cam, Derek, and Jimmy lol what a sight to see.

Just stop it already, I'm beginning to pity you.

Oh here we go with the "huggers" commentary. Grow up.

there's no reasonable circumstance where a team would declare an "open competition" between a 2nd year player who had just broken a bunch of records and a rookie. it's not even a commentary on how good wilson is or whether he'd actually beat cam out. he wouldn't get the chance on any one of the 32 teams in the league.

forgive me for believing that there isn't a team in the league that would declare an "open competition" between a mid-round rookie and a guy who had just come off a rookie year where he generated 4700 yards and 35 touchdowns.

seattle certainly wouldn't have done it. the reason that things played out the way they did was because the seahawks didn't have much going on at quarterback at the time. jackson had been underwhelming and was traded in the preseason, flynn had two career starts and was brought in on a "show me" contract, and wilson was a rookie. it was a totally different set of circumstances.

the idea that the seahawks (or any team) would have benched a 2nd-year cam for a 3rd round rookie in wilson is as insane as someone arguing that they'd bring in a rookie that might threaten wilson this year.

Yeah and let's be fair here, they were desperate and way overpaid for Flynn as a shot in the dark that backfired.

It's like us when all we had was Clausen. Anything to stop the bleeding.

Actually, you assumed that Wilson would've been a playoff winning QB here or that Can wouldn't have been in Seattle.

Homerism or Camerism if blatant.

No brainer that we would sit a playoff QB on the bench with NO chance to get on the field. Says a lot about us, huh.

Your evidence that we would've gone to the playoffs with Wilson is... What?

Actually, you assumed that Wilson would've been a playoff winning QB here or that Can wouldn't have been in Seattle.

Your evidence that we would've gone to the playoffs with Wilson is... What?

it's bewildering to me that there are so many people on this board who seemingly don't get the team aspect of football

i mean yeah, wilson is a "playoff winning QB" based on last season's events. let's drop him on the browns, chiefs, raiders, or jaguars and watch him take them to the playoffs then, right?

Archived