• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettlemania holding a pre draft presser tomorrow

Gabeking

I wouldn't bank on Vaccaro. Elam and Cyprien are far superior tacklers.

I haven't watched any of them enough to bang my fist for anyone, but pretty much everyone ranks Vaccaro significantly higher than any of the other Safeties. I actually cannot recall one analyst, draft expert, or anyone who has talked with actual scouts who have even insinuated that one of the other Safeties would go before Vaccaro. The only place that I have seen people talking about it are from fan sites...and mainly here.

Now that doesn't mean one of the others won't go before Vaccaro, but everything I have seen, read, or heard tells me that there is little chance of it happening.

As for the Safety discussion, a lot of places (scouting wise) had Cyprien, Elam and Vaccaro closely rated going into the Combine.

We all know now that Cyprien wasn't able to run drills or anything at the Combine, so that kind of hurt his stock a bit. He's still very highly rated and really close to Vaccaro. Now Considering that the Panther's already have a FS, they won't be picking Vaccaro at 14. Rivera has already said that Godfrey was the FS, Vaccaro can't play the SS position.

That puts him out of the running at the 14th pick. If they go safety it would have to be Cyprien or Elam.

Let's consider Cyprien for a moment and lets look at his 40ty, splits and cone drills. They were all below average, which has really hurt his stock lately actually. That leaves Elam, who actually also a borderline first round grade (same as Cyprien) and would make the most sense at 14 if the Panther's went safety. However I doubt the Panther's grab a safety at 14 when none of them make sense roster wise - draft value wise. They'd be better off trading back.

If you look at who the Panther's have scouted that have First round grades, minus Vaccaro (who doesn't fit with Godfrey being the FS). You're left with a few Pass rushers in Mingo and Ansah, DT/DE tweener in Jones, four WR's, Johnson, Floyd, and Williams.

Now if you go off of who's expected to still be available at 14, you're left with Mingo (3/4 guy, doesn't fit), DE/DT Tweener in Jones, the 4 WR's and Williams. Now Jones is expected to be a DE in a 4-3, so that's unlikely at 14 considering his grade and position.

That leaves the 4 Wr's and Slyvester Williams on the board at 14 that make sense both position and value wise.

Your basically left with Austin, Hopkins, Patterson, Hunter and the DT Williams that make sense with out a trade back. Add the Safety's back into the mix and you'll have a draft board that looks like this for the Panther's

Williams

Cyprien

Elam

Austin

Hopkins

Patterson

Hunter

The best value of that bunch would be Austin if he's still available, the next on the list would Williams or Patterson (Potential). The two BPA would be Austin and Patterson, both WR's. One your drafting as a slot and gimmick player for year 1, the other your drafting off of potential. This of course going off of the visit's and positional value of the draft.

Take from that what you will.

Cyprien was battling a fresh hamstring injury. You can't judge his combine numbers.

He didn't run at the Combine. lol, those horrible numbers are from his pro day on the March 8th. It's why he's fell back down to a borderline first rounder instead of a middle first round guy.

Archived