• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walters Updated Mock

Dash Global

Has us taking Vaccaro in the 1st and Short in the 2nd.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

I really like Vaccaro's athleticism and ability to line up man to man and shut down a TE or WR. He has very fluid hips for a S. His angles and missed tackles scare the poo out of me though, with taking someone that high. If he can somehow improve those 2 aspects than I can see him being a ProBowl type player that can play both S spots.

Love the Short pick. To compete in todays NFL you have to get pressure and no DT gets more pressure than Short.

Would be ok with this draft, but Id prefer a trade down netting us another 2nd. Vaccaro is a unique player with potential but scares the piss out of me at the same time.

I haven't seen Vaccaro miss as many tackles as people say. I mean Matt Elam misses just as many he just has a good enough defense to help pursue. The only guy is a sure fire tackler is Cyprien, but he can't cover TE as good as Vaccaro. Also he still leads with his shoulder.

Vaccaro seems like more of a SS prospect IMO. Very good at point of attack, seems like a hard hitter/sure tackler more than a ball hawk. I see him bringing more to the run-stopping aspect of this defense rather than the pass attack. In our division I think you need to stop the pass first with your safeties and have a strong front seven to stop the run.

I don't dislike Vaccaro but if we are going DB in the first round I'd rather get a corner. I don't think we go DB though. If you can get a guy like Amerson or Jonathan Banks in the 2nd round then why take Rhodes or someone like that in the first round? I think we are focusing on BPA (which in the eyes of the staff could be Tavon Austin at #14) or if by some miracle Lotuleilei or Warmack are there then they will be the pick.

I'd be ecstatic with Austin, Lotuleilei, Patterson (I'm high on him despite his perceived inability to think..it's football as long as he's not an idiot off the field I don't care), Warmack, Milliner (who I have heard could drop).

Guys I don't want are Richardsonc and Cooper...

I would not be mad at all (quite happy actually) with this draft especially if we don't trade down for more picks. Vaccaro and Short, both of whom I really like, are Day 1 starters that bring a ton of versatility. Dobson, who will probably be gone before this pick, and Spence would be absolute gems in the 4th and 5th round. Both are potential starters.

I'd take this draft and thank God!

I would not be mad at all (quite happy actually) with this draft especially if we don't trade down for more picks. Vaccaro and Short, both of whom I really like, are Day 1 starters that bring a ton of versatility. Dobson, who will probably be gone before this pick, and Spence would be absolute gems in the 4th and 5th round. Both are potential starters.

I'd take this draft and thank God!

Change Dobson to a TE and I'll be right their with you.

Change Dobson to a TE and I'll be right their with you.

I'm not a big fan of this year's TE class but wouldn't mind if we took one at that position. With that said, I'd take Dobson over any of the TEs that are expected to be available at that point.

I'm not a big fan of this year's TE class but wouldn't mind if we took one at that position. With that said, I'd take Dobson over any of the TEs that are expected to be available at that point.

Adding another 4th round WR to a already crowed WR room. Won't help as much as adding another TE to a room missing depth or options after Olsen.

Adding another 4th round WR to a already crowed WR room. Won't help as much as adding another TE to a room missing depth or options after Olsen.

Yeah but I'm thinking long term and from a value standpoint. We only have three WRs that were on the active roster in 2012 signed past 2013: Smitty, who is on the back end of his career, Pilares and Adams, both of whom aren't guaranteed to be on the roster this season and haven't done much in the receiving game.There's no guarantee that any of the other WRs scheduled to be 2013 FAs will be back after this season either. Dobson also brings better value than any TE expected to be on the board at that point.

Plus, there are still decent TEs on the FA market if you want to add depth behind Olsen.

Yeah but I'm thinking long term and from a value standpoint. We only have three WRs that were on the active roster in 2012 signed past 2013: Smitty, who is on the back end of his career, Pilares and Adams, both of whom aren't guaranteed to be on the roster this season and haven't done much in the receiving game.There's no guarantee that any of the other WRs scheduled to be 2013 FAs will be back after this season either. Dobson also brings better value than any TE expected to be on the board at that point.

Plus, there are still decent TEs on the FA market if you want to add depth behind Olsen.

WR can be found a lot easier then TE. People act like Wr are hard to find but they are one of the most easier position to be filled.

WR can be found a lot easier then TE. People act like Wr are hard to find but they are one of the most easier position to be filled.

That may be the case but WRs also usually take longer to develop.

Again, considering where this pick is and who is expected to be on the board at TE, compared to Dobson, I'd much rather go with the WR in this case.

Archived