• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did you guys suddenly forget who our GM is?

SmootsDaddy89

I think I read somewhere where he blocked a few kicks.. Anyone else see that? We sure could use that! I am going to trust Gettleman on this one. Everytime I start saying to myself.."they should have taken..." I then remind myself that Gettleman has been doing this for a LONG TIME and I have NO Experience what so ever... So I think he has a plan.. Now, Short might not turn out to be a Pro Bowler, but I bet he will be a pretty solid player for a long time. I am just so excited to have a change at GM.. Just really didn't like Hurney's picks.. I almost drove off the road last night when Star was available and we actually picked him! I've been reading the forum for a while, but just joined.. Enjoyed you guys posts..

Curtis

If they where close to being average......we would have won 10-11 games last year. You are asking the pass rush to be absurdly dominant to survive.

There are a lot of reasons we didn't win 9 games last year. Singling DB out and trying to justify sacrificing value at a need position (DT) for a DB that may not be as high on our board with blanket statements like how many games we'd have won if we had Reggie Nelson and Revis back there isn't going to improve us much. I do think there's a lot of room to improve in the secondary, but the opportunity will present itself, and when it does Gettleman will tackle it. He was handed a team with 2 early round draft picks this year and a negative cap figure in the double digits. I think he's made tremendous improvements in the roster overall given what he inherited so far.

There are a lot of reasons we didn't win 9 games last year. Singling DB out and trying to justify sacrificing value at a need position (DT) for a DB that may not be as high on our board with blanket statements like how many games we'd have won if we had Reggie Nelson and Revis back there isn't going to improve us much. I do think there's a lot of room to improve in the secondary, but the opportunity will present itself, and when it does Gettleman will tackle it. He was handed a team with 2 early round draft picks this year and a negative cap figure in the double digits. I think he's made tremendous improvements in the roster overall given what he inherited so far.

This is a reasonable argument and I agree. I don't agree with arguments that don't acknowledge that we need to improve there, and that how this Giants passrush/Giants PassDefence is coming off. Obviously it has been proven the Giants value the position so to say it doesn't matter is perplexing considering they have a better pash rush. I agree we should draft a pass rusher but lets not pompously dismiss the value of CBs while doing so because we have pass rushers and no corners.

No other unit gave up easy play after easy play after easy back to back to back....when we had positioned ourselves for the win like the secondary did.

We didn't need Revis or Ed Reed....we needed average. We had below average.

We had tons of holes....he has legitimately addressed one. DT. You could argue the past 2 days where an opportunity to improve 2 holes.

I think big picture is all he really cares about....about building HIS team. I also care about keeping the Ron/Cam era going. Not convinced yet the new GM really is. I don't think having a Newton O is his cup of tea

Why does everyone act like our secondary gave up 5000 yards or something? We were ranked 13th in pass defense, not 32nd. Yes, the unit needs an infusion of talent, but there were a number of secondaries that were much worse.

Not only that, but does anyone remember the Rivera press conferences where he lamented not the quality of the players, but the fact that when the time came to make a big play nobody was stepping up to the plate? We had a lot of guys playing scared last year, particularly Norman, but outside of Nakamura's stupidity it wasn't like people were blowing coverages right and left. They simply weren't challenging receivers.

he drafts two studs to give us incredible depth at DT when we have been sorely lacking it for years and people want us to reach for a CB. This is not Madden, guys, linemen are where it's at when it's all said and done.

Trust the process and realize that the person drafting is no longer a sports writer, he's a football junkie/game tape addict. Saying Cam is not his cup of tea is shortsided at best...........now if we draft a QB on day 3, then I'll buy you a beer and tell you what a good point you made.

Archived