• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

chknwing

Jesus, I'm not even going to argue with a guy who calls a 28 year old tight end playing at a pro bowl level a "middle aged TE the bears were giving away"

The offense is fine, quit being a pussy.

We were specially talking about drafting young players to grow up with their QB.

Olsen is a nice addition for a young guy....bc he is a middle aged vet player. But he is it. That is all they have done for Cam as we approach 3 seasons...

But I won't be responding with you after this post.....when people can't use big boy words and resort to garbage I bail.

That is not Cam's game, and in my estimation it shouldn't be.

How??

Cam's time at Auburn, he depended heavily on a very very good Auburn Defense. He only attempted 280 passes while relying on Michael Dwyer's ground game.

Compare to other QBs:

-Luck attempted 288 (2009), 372 (2010), and 404 (2011)passes while at Standford.

-RG3 attempted 454 (2010) and 402 (2011) at Baylor

-Wilson attempted 378 (2009), 527 (2010), and 309 (2011) passes at State/Wisconsin

-Kaepernick attempted 383 (2009), 282 (2010), and 359 (2010) at Neveda

The only thing different now from Cam's Auburn time is that we explored him and found out that he can be something larger. But, imo I think that's the reason why we're losing so much games. We put the games on his shoulders too much. Teams win games when the QB manage the game. Look what separate Brady's 3x SB rings from Peyton's 1 SB ring. The difference is that Brady is a better game manager than Peyton. Brady rely on other players around him and on the other side of the ball to help him win. Cam is in the same situation as Peyton when he was with INDY. He has to win by himself.

With Chud gone, and us having "three very good backs + a rookie Kenjon Barner", and "Star" + "Short", we need to go back to running the ball, playing hard, tough defense, and let Cam rely on the running game instead of putting the game on his shoulder.

How many of those aforementioned teams had back to back top ten offenses when they made those picks?

and how many of those teams have been to the playoffs? Billick even called Newton the forgotten man before the draft because this team has showed no effort in building around him. the first 3 picks are great, but those last 2 was ??????? when several playmaking WRs and TEs were on the board that could have come in contributed.

and how many of those teams have been to the playoffs? Billick even called Newton the forgotten man before the draft because this team has showed no effort in building around him. the first 3 picks are great, but those last 2 was ??????? when several playmaking WRs and TEs were on the board that could have come in contributed.

agree

He was the forgotten Man due to Chud's dumb ass playcalling.

Not because he didn't have weapons.

Use his weapons and he will soar again.

He was the forgotten Man due to Chud's dumb ass playcalling.

Not because he didn't have weapons.

Use his weapons and he will soar again.

again you cannot blame it all on playcalling, to many plays left on the field by the skills position.i love to first 3 picks, but the last 2 ia just awful.

Gettlemen doesn't believe the game is played the way Cam needs to play it.

Gettlemen is a dinosaur.

What have we done for Cam? Are we going to give him another DII G to hinder the line all season again? We haven't added any weapons...

He inherited Cam and Rivera. They get a year. He isn't going to do anything big picture for them. He is going to add only big picture pieces that work if he goes a new direction soon.

Dude what the hell your talking about i bet Gettelman would get fired before we let go of Cam.......Cam wasn't Hurney's choice but Mr.Richardson you must be a fool if you don't think he had the final input when we drafted him......another note Rivera is going to be in Carolina for a long time ...we drafted players that fits this team and will help build this team identity which is Smash mouth football on both side ....

Tell me how the 2013 offense surrounding Newton is better than 2012.

Remember, guys like Gross, Smith, Williams, etc aren't constants. They actually are getting slowly worse each year. They will be slightly downgraded versions of what they where if we are lucky.

Dude seriously shut the fug up. You are spitting out nonsense. If star wasn't there we would have gone with Eifert at 14 to add a weapon. We got the best dt in the draft and with our first two round picks we improved the defense as a whole. You don't run before you can walk. His whole point is big guys let you compete. We now have big guys to win games and now we out in a position next year to go offense and improve our team even more. Bottom line if you don't like the way this team is being run stop following them and stop coming on the forum to post ignorant misinformed speculation. He's laying a foundation on which to build. Not thinking about the interior and what bed sheets he's going to have on bed.

Guest HelloWorld

Don't feel sorry for Shula. This offense is loaded with talent. We do need some pieces to ensure the future, but for the present we have a ton of offensive talent.

It's not just how much talent we have on offense, the level of talent of our opponent also matters. But I do believe we'll win at least 9 games. Whether that gets us in the playoffs is a different story.

Archived