• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we all get along?

Brokenbad

Since I spent over 12 years living in SC, I don't think that's a burn for me...

See, you can try to attack me but I'm Armour plated. I've live extensive years in NC, gone to UNC, spent extensive years in SC, went to USC and spent the last 7 years in Virginia...

I wasnt attacking you...:confused:

For all you south carolina haters. check this out

WITHOUT NC WE WOULDN'T HAVE PLANES BITCH

The state was the location of the first successful controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air flight, by the Wright brothers, at Kill Devil Hills, about 6.4 miles from Kitty Hawk in 1903.

PEOPLE ACTUALLY COME TO LIVE TO NC, NOT LEAVE LIKE THEY DO IN SC.

As of 2008 (the most current numbers available), North Carolina is the fourth-fastest growing state in the United States and the fastest growing state east of the Mississippi River.

GOT MONEY

Charlotte, North Carolina's largest city, continues to experience rapid growth, in large part due to the banking & finance industry. Charlotte is now the second largest banking center in the United States (after New York), and is home to Bank of America and Wells Fargo subsidiary, Wachovia. The Charlotte metro area is also home to 5 other Fortune 500 companies.

Movies

We would not have the movie Talladega Nights, if it was not for NC. YES, it was filmed in NC.

PEOPLE VISIT NC

The state is the 6th most visited in the country (preceded by Florida, California, New York, Nevada and Pennsylvania.

SPORTS

Lowe's Motor Speedway

NASCAR Hall of Fame

Carolina Panthers (Professional Football)

Charlotte Bobcats (Professional Basketball

Carolina Hurricanes (Professional Hockey)

Carolina Railhawks (Division 1 Professional Soccer)

Fayetteville Guard (American Indoor Football Association, Professional Indoor Football)

Durham Bulls (Tampa Bay Rays Minor League Team)

Wrestling(Mid-Atlantic Wrestling started in NC)

Rodeo (SERBA headquarters located in NC)

North Carolina Tarheels

Duke Blue Devils

N.C. State Wolfpack.

Wake Forest Deamon Deacons

Davidson Wildcats

North Carolina at Charlotte 49ers

Appalachian State Mountaineers

Barton Bulldogs

FOOD

Birthplace of Pepsi

Birthplace of Cheerwine

Birthplace of Krispy Kreme

Birthplace of Texas Pete

Birthplace of Hardees

Birthplace of Bojangles

Birthplace of Mount Olive Pickles

Birthplace of Golden Corral

Birthplace of Cook Out

FAMOUS FOLK

James Polk (President)

Andrew Jackson (President)

Andrew Johnson (President)

Dolley Madison (Wife of President James Madison)

The Greensboro Four (Their actions led to desegregation throughout restaurants)

Andy Griffeth (Actor)

Vincent Kennedy McMahon (Chairman of WWE)

Jeff Hardy (Wrestler)

Matt Hardy (Wrestler)

Shannon Moore (Wrestler)

Randy Travis (Country Singer)

Petey Pablo (Rapper)

Jermaine Dupri (Rapper)

Chris Daughtry (Rock Singer)

Stuart Scott (ESPN Analyst)

Dale Earnhardt Jr & Sr. (NASCAR Drivers)

Dwight Clark (Football Player)

David Garrard (Football Player)

Torry Holt (Football Player)

Brad Hoover (CAROLINA PANTHERS FOOTBALL PLAYER)

Jim "Catfish" Hunter (Baseball Player)

Dale Jarrett (NASCAR Driver)

Sugar Ray Leonard (Boxer)

Bob McAdoo (Basketball Player & Assistant Coach of Miami Heat)

Vince McMahon (WWE Chairman)

Julius Peppers (CAROLINA PANTHERS FOOTBALL PLAYER)

Richard Petty (NASCAR Driver)

Brian Roberts (Baseball Player)

Jerry Stackhouse (Basketball Player)

David Thompson (Basketball Player)

Roy Williams (Coach of UNC Basketball)

Mario Williams (Number 1 Draft pick in NFL)

James Worthy (Basketball Player)

Willie Parker (Super Bowl Champion)

Joe Horn (Football Player)

Chris Paul (Basketball Player)

MICHAEL JORDAN (Basketball Player, HE CLAIMS NC AS HIS HOME NOT NY)

Billy Graham (Evangelist)

for many others visit this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_North_Carolina

YOUR WELCOME, SUCK ON THAT SC!!!

I'm certainly not saying that we're New York or California, but someone from South Carolina insinuating that North Carolinians shouldn't think their state is important is like the kid with Down Syndrome calling the Autistic kid a retard.

"Well besides the research triangle, sure. I mean UNC is one of the top 10 biggest research centers as far as public universities go, and that's just one of the three schools. Charlotte is also a major banking center, whereas South Carolina probably doesn't even have banks because most people there still keep money and food under their mattresses."

Yes, and so does Kansas and Nebraska and other boring, useless states according to the 5th grade social studies teachers who teach there. You guys were the first to secede from the Union! Man, that's something to be proud of. "Hey honey, let's go to South Carolina. They hate being in the United States almost as Texas does!" The reason South Carolina seceded first was because no one gave a poo about it anyways, so people there were thinking, "Maybe people would pay attention to us if we formed our own country?"

No one says that besides historians from South Carolina. Wow, you guys have had movies filmed in one of your cities? How unique! I think only 49 other states have done that, so I can see why you would use that as a selling point for tourism. "Come visit South Carolina, we've had movies filmed here!"

Hah!

Another terrific display of stupidity and ignorance!

It's good to know that the history textbooks in NC are different, and superior to, that of the other 49 states in the nation.

Oh wait, they arent?

Your just dumb and couldnt find a legitimate reason that people would care about your state?

I never said SC was the number one place people have in mind of visiting the US, but it is definetly superior to NC.

Let's start at the beginning:

"Well besides the research triangle, sure. I mean UNC is one of the top 10 biggest research centers as far as public universities go, and that's just one of the three schools. Charlotte is also a major banking center, whereas South Carolina probably doesn't even have banks because most people there still keep money and food under their mattresses."

This is your biggest show of ignorance.

A. I said things that people care about

Chinese woman: Dave-sun, I hear Nothe Caroleena has wun of top ten rsearch department in US.

Chinese man: Ah yes helen-sun, when we go US, we definetly visit Nothe Caroleena.

The bank thing was just stupid and redundant, and was a clear sign of you grasping for straws.

"Yes, and so does Kansas and Nebraska and other boring, useless states according to the 5th grade social studies teachers who teach there. You guys were the first to secede from the Union! Man, that's something to be proud of. "Hey honey, let's go to South Carolina. They hate being in the United States almost as Texas does!" The reason South Carolina seceded first was because no one gave a poo about it anyways, so people there were thinking, "Maybe people would pay attention to us if we formed our own country?"

Hah, now your trying to claim people care more about NC than Texas?

Oh, and I wasnt aware that history should be altered to suit your own agenda.

If you arent aware of the reason SC left the union, then..well what can I say, I'm honestly not suprised. If SC leaving wasnt a big deal, then the North wouldnt have started an entire war to bring her back in.

Your clear lack of ability to hold an actual debate, without making up stuff and resorting to mud slinging, is why this debate, my friend, is over, with you on the losing side.

For all you south carolina haters. check this out

WITHOUT NC WE WOULDN'T HAVE PLANES BITCH

The state was the location of the first successful controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air flight, by the Wright brothers, at Kill Devil Hills, about 6.4 miles from Kitty Hawk in 1903.

PEOPLE ACTUALLY COME TO LIVE TO NC, NOT LEAVE LIKE THEY DO IN SC.

As of 2008 (the most current numbers available), North Carolina is the fourth-fastest growing state in the United States and the fastest growing state east of the Mississippi River.

GOT MONEY

Charlotte, North Carolina's largest city, continues to experience rapid growth, in large part due to the banking & finance industry. Charlotte is now the second largest banking center in the United States (after New York), and is home to Bank of America and Wells Fargo subsidiary, Wachovia. The Charlotte metro area is also home to 5 other Fortune 500 companies.

Movies

We would not have the movie Talladega Nights, if it was not for NC. YES, it was filmed in NC.

PEOPLE VISIT NC

The state is the 6th most visited in the country (preceded by Florida, California, New York, Nevada and Pennsylvania.

SPORTS

Lowe's Motor Speedway

NASCAR Hall of Fame

Carolina Panthers (Professional Football)

Charlotte Bobcats (Professional Basketball

Carolina Hurricanes (Professional Hockey)

Carolina Railhawks (Division 1 Professional Soccer)

Fayetteville Guard (American Indoor Football Association, Professional Indoor Football)

Durham Bulls (Tampa Bay Rays Minor League Team)

Wrestling(Mid-Atlantic Wrestling started in NC)

Rodeo (SERBA headquarters located in NC)

North Carolina Tarheels

Duke Blue Devils

N.C. State Wolfpack.

Wake Forest Deamon Deacons

Davidson Wildcats

North Carolina at Charlotte 49ers

Appalachian State Mountaineers

Barton Bulldogs

FOOD

Birthplace of Pepsi

Birthplace of Cheerwine

Birthplace of Krispy Kreme

Birthplace of Texas Pete

Birthplace of Hardees

Birthplace of Bojangles

Birthplace of Mount Olive Pickles

Birthplace of Golden Corral

Birthplace of Cook Out

FAMOUS FOLK

James Polk (President)

Andrew Jackson (President)

Andrew Johnson (President)

Dolley Madison (Wife of President James Madison)

The Greensboro Four (Their actions led to desegregation throughout restaurants)

Andy Griffeth (Actor)

Vincent Kennedy McMahon (Chairman of WWE)

Jeff Hardy (Wrestler)

Matt Hardy (Wrestler)

Shannon Moore (Wrestler)

Randy Travis (Country Singer)

Petey Pablo (Rapper)

Jermaine Dupri (Rapper)

Chris Daughtry (Rock Singer)

Stuart Scott (ESPN Analyst)

Dale Earnhardt Jr & Sr. (NASCAR Drivers)

Dwight Clark (Football Player)

David Garrard (Football Player)

Torry Hold (Football Player)

Brad Hoover (CAROLINA PANTHERS FOOTBALL PLAYER)

Jim "Catfish" Harris (Baseball Player)

Dale Jarrett (NASCAR Driver)

Sugar Ray Leonard (Boxer)

Bob McAdoo (Basketball Player & Assistant Coach of Miami Heat)

Vince McMahon (WWE Chairman)

Julius Peppers (CAROLINA PANTHERS FOOTBALL PLAYER)

Richard Petty (NASCAR Driver)

Brian Roberts (Baseball Player)

Jerry Stackhouse (Basketball Player)

David Thompson (Basketball Player)

Roy Williams (Coach of UNC Basketball)

Mario Williams (Number 1 Draft pick in NFL)

James Worthy (Basketball Player)

Willie Parker (Super Bowl Champion)

Joe Horn (Football Player)

Chris Paul (Basketball Player)

MICHAEL JORDAN (Basketball Player, HE CLAIMS NC AS HIS HOME NOT NY)

Billy Graham (Evangelist)

for many others visit this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_North_Carolina

YOUR WELCOME, SUCK ON THAT SC!!!

Andrew Jackson was born and raised in SC.

It wasnt until he became a teacher he moved to NC.

Just thought i'd throw that out there.

This list accomplishes nothing.

You think I couldnt do the same thing, except with South Carolinians?

I've lived in both states. Fine States with fine people. Except maybe some of the jerk offs here who need to belittle others to feel better about them selves.

Until some of you jerk offs from either state have gone out and done some thing with yourself, don't try and build yourself up because you happen to be born in one state or the other. You're just kidding yourself.

You're still a nothin trying to hurt somebody so you can FEEL better about yourself

:beatdeadhorse5:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :beatdeadhorse5:

l @ @ k :beatdeadhorse5:

Archived