• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest xBox live CNet release

g5jamz

Yeah I'll agree with that comment about Sony being a bit more focused on gaming. 

For me the main thing I'm waiting on is price.  The more MS talks about features, the more I hear a cash register going off in my mind.  Personally, I've been playing a lot more PC games than console, so it's going to take a decent price (I'm realistic though) for me to bounce on it immediately.  Even though you can pirate games easily on PC, I still find myself just buying most of my games on Steam because you can find amazing deals way before the console version.

One thing I wish would be for them to start offering a discount for buying a game digitally.  It saves the developers a ton of money, no packaging, book, cd and ink, etc.  Of course that means you can't "trade it in" or whatever, but I think taking $10-15 off the title if you download it shouldn't be crazy.

I want to play BF4 though, but maybe I'll end up playing that on PC instead.

Yeah I'll agree with that comment about Sony being a bit more focused on gaming. 

For me the main thing I'm waiting on is price.  The more MS talks about features, the more I hear a cash register going off in my mind.  Personally, I've been playing a lot more PC games than console, so it's going to take a decent price (I'm realistic though) for me to bounce on it immediately.  Even though you can pirate games easily on PC, I still find myself just buying most of my games on Steam because you can find amazing deals way before the console version.

One thing I wish would be for them to start offering a discount for buying a game digitally.  It saves the developers a ton of money, no packaging, book, cd and ink, etc.  Of course that means you can't "trade it in" or whatever, but I think taking $10-15 off the title if you download it shouldn't be crazy.

I want to play BF4 though, but maybe I'll end up playing that on PC instead.

Sony offers discounts on digital titles by getting them before release or during some first week sales. For instance they had Metro for 47.99 the day it released. They offer some other and better discounts as well if you have plus. 

I got Ni no Kuni the day it came out for like 44 dollars as well. Grid 2 for 54 dollars. MGR bundle is on sale for 44 dollars right now. It's really dependent on the developers though as is any discount. 

Well you can get games on PC for like 15-20 a few months after release, much cheaper.  But yeah those deals are decent. 

Steam is freaking amazing, I get deals all the time through steam. I was just mentioning that Sony is starting to do something similar, just not as good right now. The free games on Plus are nice though. 

I was going to give more then $1 dollar, lol. Just don't know what the right amount would be, I was thinking 10-15 dollars to give like 5 to remedy and the rest to charity.

Also keeping on topic, here's a good article on the tech specs of the xbox one vs the PS4. Goes in depth on how it's clear that MS didn't listen to developers when designing the machine and so forth.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/22/microsoft-subtly-admits-losing-with-xbox-one/

Archived