• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

That is exactly what I see. In no particular order I have Noel and Len at the top of my wishlist because I want a big and am not a fan of Bennett.

As far as SG is concerned I like McLemore's shooting but I think Oladipo will be great as well. If both Noel and Len are off the board I would much rather trade down with Minnesota picking Oladipo for them and hoping to get out SG in Muhammed. Besides Noel and Len there are no other big guys I want.

I would do 4 for 9, derrick williams, and there late first rounder or second rounder. Then flip that first or second to the Rockets for Thomas Robinson.

I want to get T-Rob somehow in all my top choices.

These are my dream scenarios.

1. Prefer

Kemba

Hendo

MKG

Noel or Len / T-Rob

Biz

*Find a way to trade for Thomas Robinson

2. Would be happy

Kemba

McLemore/Oladipo (Lean towards McLemore bc we need shooting in this lineup)

MKG

Thomas Robinson

Biz

3. Wouldn't mind

Kemba

Shabazz/Hendo

MKG

Derrick Williams/ Thomas Robinson

Biz

Trading all the way down to no.9, I would assume that a guy like Len will be gone long already. In that case, some guys that I'd consider would be: Zeller, Bazz, Caldwell-Pope, and Carter Williams. It would be a great trade down if we're able to grab Zeller at no.9. Like you said, flip a Minny pick for T-Rob.

PG: Kemba

SG: Hendo

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist / Taylor

PF: Derrick Williams / T-Rob

C : Cody Zeller / Biz

or

SG: Bazz? Carter-Williams?

PF: J.J. Hickson / Derrick Williams

C : Biz

** Draft a guy with the Minny later pick

** Signs FA J.J. Hickson

** 2014 Draft : Wiggins / Parker

Bazz or Carter would be a great 6th man off the bench

I agree, but who's willing to move down? Washington was lucky to have the 3rd pick. No way they're trading out. Can't see Phoenix doing that too. I know there's been reports by Amico that the Hornets are willing to trade down, but it's kinda tough to see that happening. We're a really bad team. Even though this is considered a weak class there are guys who could be at no.4 that should still be able to contribute effectively for us. Orlando is the only serious team to trade back with Minny for Victor. I've seen reports that Minny could move as high as No.1 sending Love to the Cavs, but other guys would then be in consideration for that spot, not Victor.

This is the first I've heard about Minnesota entertaining trading Love for any pick in this draft.  If I were trading Love to Cleveland for their first round pick, I would expect Tristan Thompson or another 1st round pick to be coming with the first overall pick.

I think that this rumor must have started on the court with Uncle Drew and doesn't have much merit.

Minnesota's offer of Derrick Williams and their 9 pick would be tough for the Bobcats to turn down for #4 if it were a real offer.

This is the first I've heard about Minnesota entertaining trading Love for any pick in this draft. If I were trading Love to Cleveland for their first round pick, I would expect Tristan Thompson or another 1st round pick to be coming with the first overall pick.

I think that this rumor must have started on the court with Uncle Drew and doesn't have much merit.

Minnesota's offer of Derrick Williams and their 9 pick would be tough for the Bobcats to turn down for #4 if it were a real offer.

Go look it up. Its there.

Love have said that he's going to opt out his last year. Minny is saving the money for Rubio and will lose Love in return of nothing. Rather get a no.1 pick in return than nothing. Not saying its going to happen, but the rumors are there.

Go look it up. Its there.

Love have said that he's going to opt out his last year. Minny is saving the money for Rubio and will lose Love in return of nothing. Rather get a no.1 pick in return than nothing. Not saying its going to happen, but the rumors are there.

The logic makes sense if Love said that, I just hadn't heard that before.  He will be a max guy in free agency for sure.

The logic makes sense if Love said that, I just hadn't heard that before. He will be a max guy in free agency for sure.

Flip Saunders have said recently that Love is not going to be move. But, the thing is Love has shown his interested that he wants out of Minny. He has expressed his feelings about wanting more help and hardly played at all this past season. He now, said he's opting out at the end of his contract. If he keeps creating more frustration, Saunders will have to move him now. It's just all speculation but something interesting enough to pay attention to.

Trading all the way down to no.9, I would assume that a guy like Len will be gone long already. In that case, some guys that I'd consider would be: Zeller, Bazz, Caldwell-Pope, and Carter Williams. It would be a great trade down if we're able to grab Zeller at no.9. Like you said, flip a Minny pick for T-Rob.

SG: Hendo

PF: Derrick Williams / T-Rob

C : Cody Zeller / Biz

or

SG: Bazz? Carter-Williams?

PF: J.J. Hickson / Derrick Williams

C : Biz

** Draft a guy with the Minny later pick

** Signs FA J.J. Hickson

** 2014 Draft : Wiggins / Parker

Bazz or Carter would be a great 6th man off the bench

Love would fit perfectly for us but it would never happen so I will let the Cavs fans dream on that one. 

As for your list at #9. Im thinking Bazz or Zeller would be my picks. I like Carter Williams size but hate his shooting and he seems soft for a bigger pg. Caldwell-Pope doesn't seem like a huge upgrade to Hendo. 

FA signing JJ Hickson wouldn't be bad at all. He will def not push us out of the lottery next year, but will provide good depth and rebounding

Love would fit perfectly for us but it would never happen so I will let the Cavs fans dream on that one.

As for your list at #9. Im thinking Bazz or Zeller would be my picks. I like Carter Williams size but hate his shooting and he seems soft for a bigger pg. Caldwell-Pope doesn't seem like a huge upgrade to Hendo.

FA signing JJ Hickson wouldn't be bad at all. He will def not push us out of the lottery next year, but will provide good depth and rebounding

Agree with everything. But, if I'm taking Carter I'm playing him at SG.

A front court of T-rob and Biz makes me sad.

A backcourt  of  Kemba and Carter Will is scary bad. We might as well go sign Shaun Livingston and start him.

Bazz as a SG is a bad idea. 

Just a bunch of Bad line-ups coming from my Hornets nation.

Len is talking to the media right now, I pray to God that Cleveland doesn't take him.

I guess I'd be okay with McLemore, but I was finally looking forward to having an all-around center.

I hate fuging Dan Gilbert. I'm with you I hope they just go with the overhyped Noel and be fuged.

"- Nerlens Noel (scouting report), another option for the top pick, concerned some by weighing in at just 206 pounds at the NBA Draft Combine. That's terrifyingly low for a 6'11 player, but he's apparently bulked up:"

um...what??????  I don't like the sound of that at all

Archived