• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Gordon-Humphries Swap Could Still Be On The Table

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI

Nets and Bobcats discussed a Humphries-Ben Gordon swap in the past. Could still be on the table for Boston.

Chris Mannix: Keep an eye on Charlotte as a possible landing spot for Kris Humphries. Rival execs skeptical he stays in Boston. Twitter

What would you guys think of this?

Gordon officially opted in, so this could certainly be an option.

Yeah Ben may have no choice lol.

But if we lose Hendo, and trade Ben.... who plays SG for us?  Taylor, who backs him up?

I wouldn't mind it but I'm not sure it would work out, would be come off the bench?  Wouldn't you want Zeller playing PF as a starter and Biz at center (or another person who is a center)?  Not sure this works out now.

Yeah Ben may have no choice lol.

But if we lose Hendo, and trade Ben.... who plays SG for us? Taylor, who backs him up?

I wouldn't mind it but I'm not sure it would work out, would be come off the bench? Wouldn't you want Zeller playing PF as a starter and Biz at center (or another person who is a center)? Not sure this works out now.

Jeff Taylor would indeed be the backup... Seth Curry could potentially be on the roster as well.

After it's all said an done though, I'd rather keep Ben "Shoot Every Shot" Gordon.

We lose a scorer that we need for a rebounder that we need. I don't think it'll win us a lot of games or make us look a lot better, it basically boils down to who will help the young guys more.

Gordon is not a scorer that we need. His days of scoring are long gone. Humphries would instantly give us a presence inside along with Zeller. Humphries is a pretty good rebounder. We're not going to suddenly win a lot of games, but that's the plan. We want all the good pieces that we can have to build through "one" last draft (2014).

Gordon is not a scorer that we need. His days of scoring are long gone. Humphries would instantly give us a presence inside along with Zeller. Humphries is a pretty good rebounder. We're not going to suddenly win a lot of games, but that's the plan. We want all the good pieces that we can have to build through "one" last draft (2014).

Humphries is a great rebounder for his position, but it looks like it's going to be a one year rental either way, so I honestly don't think it matters if you swap one for the other. The expiring deal is the most important thing anyway.

The biggest question to me, is who is going to have the most value at the trade deadline this season. 

I would guess Kris, but Ben may have some value to a contender with offense off the bench.  

But that would be the biggest question for me.  Who is going to help us the most in 2014, by attaining an asset. 

I just don't know enough to know which is going to have the most value. 

Archived