• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam still a Falcon fan

SCP

Actually, that's not remotely comparable. Sports are a fraternity; players openly admire other players and with the mercenary nature of contracts and player movement it's not logical to have personal agendas regarding team affiliations. Even franchises that are intense rivals off the field will still employ friendly gestures off the field (like the outpouring of support for Boston-area teams after the marathon tragedy.) Players simply don't feel the way that fans do about teams, because they aren't fans who watch the games for entertainment, they're players working to support their families.

Tom Brady has talked often about his love for his childhood 49ers, and Aaron Rodgers desperately wanted to go to San Francisco as well.

I don't think Smitty "employs friendly gestures off the field" towards the Saints.

Had Cam said he was a Steeler, Cowboy, or Skins fan, then I'd have to question our awesome QB.

Right now I question whether it was best to say it, purely because of how the media will spin it.. but if that were the case, I'd probably want to cut him. Lol (not)

Actually, he has been very supportive of Steve Gleason and his fight with ASL. Some things are bigger than rivalries.

I'm just gonna get this off my chest here. If I see a car broken down on the side of the road and they have a sticker on the car in support of the Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Eagles, Bucs etc., their ass is getting passed on by. I will honk and extend my middle finger.

Phew, feels good to get that off my chest.

I'm just gonna get this off my chest here. If I see a car broken down on the side of the road and they have a sticker on the car in support of the Steelers, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Eagles, Bucs etc., their ass is getting passed on by. I will honk and extend my middle finger.

Phew, feels good to get that off my chest.

LOL, I think broken down cars are a little less life-threatening than what Gleason is dealing with,  though. But I understand the sentiment.

Archived