• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald Henderson Trade Rumors

Wolfcop

The Charlotte Bobcats are still stuck in discussions with restricted free agent Gerald Henderson after giving him a qualifying offer and despite talk of a sign and trade earlier in the offseason with the Timberwolves and the Bucks, neither of those deals came to fruition and now the team must look elsewhere, possibly the Memphis Grizzlies or Indiana Pacers.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/18562/20130723/gerald-henderson-rumors-bobcats-trade-memphis-grizzlies-indiana-pacers-danny.htm

We can't afford Granger, Bonnell already shot that rumor down.

Hey now maybe they could use the services of a great scoring 6th man in Ben Gordon lol. But yeah I was just assuming that's who they was lookinh to get. I can think if anyone else who would even be decent.

We could do a sign and trade with Gerald Henderson and take on any amount of salary (yes, even if it put us over the luxury tax) as long as the trade is legit.  I think you guys either misunderstood Bonnell's quote or he is wrong.

If you are already over the cap, you can trade with another team and take back comparable salary (within 25% of each other give or take).  If you are over the cap, you cannot sign a free agent if his salary will put you over the cap.

We could do a sign and trade with Gerald Henderson and take on any amount of salary (yes, even if it put us over the luxury tax) as long as the trade is legit. I think you guys either misunderstood Bonnell's quote or he is wrong.

If you are already over the cap, you can trade with another team and take back comparable salary (within 25% of each other give or take). If you are over the cap, you cannot sign a free agent if his salary will put you over the cap.

Oh ok. It's always been confusing to me what they can and can't do.

Archived