• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

<-------- See those social buttons? Please use them.

Zod

Sharing on social media sites won't make this site be the equivalent of a message board on the front page of ESPN. It WILL however bring in more panther fans, which will increase ad revenue, which could possibly lead to future goodies. I run a similar board with the same software and we have a chat room (which should work fine with this board as well). Obviously that function costs the owner additional money, which he'd need additional income to justify that cost. There are other similar goodies as well tha fit that scenario.

He would obviously have to increase moderators and modify the rules slightly if the forum were to become 3 or 4 times more popular.

Also for income,

He could get away with enhanced profiles, such as a bigger avatar, signature, vendor status, increased message box, no post count wait and other goodies by offering a premium account for a few dollars a month. (Believe it or not they sell)

I also was unsure why when I view the site on my computer the gray area to the left and right of the forum isn't being utilized. Why not fill it with ads and run Adsense with CPM? (Cost per 1000 impressions)

We've had a chat room for the past few years, in fact I didn't realize that it was currently inactive until I looked for it after reading your post. I'm sure that Zod will reimplement it come game time. 

We already limit new topics to be done by those of 100 posts or more. We could always up that number.

Aside from that, only about 10 percent of people that visit this site log in and post. The rest are lurkers just wanting to read what is going on. They visit daily and have their favorite huddlers to follow. That is the vast majority of folks that would come here from the social sites.

There you go talking about me again.

If you are interested in seeing the huddle continue to grow and gain access to the Panthers, you can do your bit by sharing it with friends.

The server is running and the lights are on in this joint because of you all, the huddlers, spreading the word.

May god have mercy on your souls.

Not that it's a big deal to me, but I noticed that the social buttons disappeared when I signed in using the Chrome, Firefox and IE, the social buttons just disappeared, and that's why some of us couldn't see them.

I thought that maybe it was because I used Ctrl + to blow things up, but, no, the buttons just disappeared into the abyss.

No big deal to me, but it's your dog and pony show, so you may want to look into it.

Archived