• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2009 Draft Picks

Its The Milk

I think this was a ballsy, yet good move. Young, big, powerful, and Rutherford likes him. All good signs of a positive future. How long until somebody gets on here and says "We should've taken Bill Guerin" or some crap like that. Let's hope he can help Staal out in a couple years.

I think for the most part the NHL drafts 1st round it a big crapshoot. The first few picks normally produce and play alot. Tavares and Hedman will play this year. Tavares with score 20 goals and Hedman will score about 20 points or so. Our guy this year could be good, I hope he is. History tells us he is a few years away. But sadly we have a rough history with 1st rounders. Outside of Staal, Ward and O'Neill none of our other 1st rounders have produced. Tanabe was always hurt. At least Andrew Ladd turned into Tuomo Rutuu. Jack Johnson never had a chance but he really hasnt been all that in LA. All that being said I think we wont see our boy till at least 2011. Boyhcuk, McBain and Bowman all have a chance to come up this year and make an impact. I still doubt youll see Sutter this year, he still needs more weight.

After going back and looking at the rankings and watching some clips, I'm beginning to like the Paradis pick, he had gotten up to 26th overall on some rankings. So I'll give Carolina a b+ on that draft.

I know the dude doesn't speak english on a regular basis but watching

made me feel bad for the guy.

So he has terrible english and coming to good ol' NC...god he will experience some culture shock. lol. But he likes country music, so I guess he can get used to bein here. But he seems like a stand up guy...from what I can understand of that video. <_<

Archived