• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam and Joe Adams posing for the camera.

rdog157h

Does anyone even know what TD was saying?

I mean hell, for all we know he told Cam, "I strike a better pose than you"

Frankly, its the preseason, Cam has seemingly made strides in being more vocal as a leader and will still have his fun.  This? In the preseason?  I personally don't really give a poo about and I doubt TD was reprimanding him. 

This

Does anybody even know what TD said??

Are we really having a dispute over something that may or may not be nothing?? 

Sounds like a lot arm chair GM's / Jr Psychologist making assumption from a couch.

Good thing TD's opinion on what Cam should be doing doesn't matter.

Disagree with you there.

Teammate opinions - especially those of a guy as highly respected as Thomas Davis - most definitely matter.

Fan opinions don't mean jack.  Media opinions change based on whether you win or not.  But as much as possible, you absolutely want the good will of your teammates, especially if you want to be a leader.

I don't really think Davis was making a big deal of anything, but whatever he does have to say most definitely matters.

exactly. A couple people say they saw it and didn't like it. but no big deal. then other people are like omg stop overreacting! Jesus can Cam not joke around on the SIDELINES! THIS FRANCHISE DOESN"T DESERVE A FRANCHISE QB!!!!! YOUR BEING JUST LIKE ESPN AND NFL NETWORK. JESUS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE."

oh the irony.

You can quote me if you like, you don't have to beat around the bush.

Stop being so hateful.

Does anyone even know what TD was saying?

I mean hell, for all we know he told Cam, "I strike a better pose than you"

Frankly, its the preseason, Cam has seemingly made strides in being more vocal as a leader and will still have his fun.  This? In the preseason?  I personally don't really give a poo about and I doubt TD was reprimanding him. 

This.

Just me, but I see no reason to bring Young into this. Completely different guy, and circumstances.

For the most part it seems Cam has done a good job of tuning all this out, going back to college even. I do not want to see him leave, but I am not going to cover my eyes and ears, and pretend everyone loves him.

We never really agree on much of anything lol, so I'm not surprised we don't see eye to eye on this.

That's kind of the point.

Newton is a very different guy from Vince Young.

What you're suggesting as an option - leaving the Panthers because of their fans - would mean his following in Young's footsteps and letting fans affect his play and career decisions.

I think that'd be an awful move on his part, and an uncharacteristic one at that.

I believe he's better than that. 

I'd be highly disappointed to find out he wasn't.

Disagree with you there.

Teammate opinions, - especially those of a guy as highly respected as Thomas Davis - most definitely matter.

Fan opinions don't mean jack. Media opinions change based on whether you win or not. But as much as possible, you absolutely want the good will of your teammates, especially if you want to be a leader.

I don't really think Davis was making a big deal of anything, but whatever he does have to say most definitely matters.

Steve Smith has gone on record that many people in the panther organization won't forgive him over the stuff he has done... yet he act here is if everyone bows down in his awesomeness.

TD is 30, a family man, and simply at a different place than the young guys.....

Just bc TD doesn't like Cam being silly doesn't mean Gross or someone else has a problem with it....mountain made out of something that shouldn't even be called a mole hill

That's kind of the point.

Newton is a very different guy from Vince Young.

What you're suggesting as an option - leaving the Panthers because of their fans - would mean his following in Young's footsteps and letting fans affect his play and career decisions.

I think that'd be an awful move on his part, and an uncharacteristic one at that.

I believe he's better than that.  I'd be highly disappointed to find out he wasn't.

I never said he should leave only because of fans. Just to clear that up.

You can quote me if you like, you don't have to beat around the bush.

Stop being so hateful.

it wasn't just you. as evidence by this thread and the 3 other threads.

the overreaction to just an observation by a few is beyond ridiculous, and the subsequent name calling, apocalyptic visions of Cam leaving and the ridiculous sarcasm. I'm done with the huddle for a while, i have a lot more fun watching games and discussing them with my friends. no wonder trolls thrive here.

This

Does anybody even know what TD said??

Are we really having a dispute over something that may or may not be nothing??

Sounds like a lot arm chair GM's / Jr Psychologist making assumption from a couch.

Well, if you rewatch it....he clearly walked over bc he wanted Cam to stop. Cam even went and addressed the camera that the fun was over. Who knows what was actually said... but you can pretty take it as a factual event TD ended the goofing around DURING a timeout.

Steve Smith has gone on record that many people in the panther organization won't forgive him over the stuff he has done... yet he act here is if everyone bows down in his awesomeness.

TD is 30, a family man, and simply at a different place than the young guys.....

Just bc TD doesn't like Cam being silly doesn't mean Gross or someone else has a problem with it....mountain made out of something that shouldn't even be called a mole hill

From what I can see, the only people making anything out of it are people on this board.  And no one here actually knows what really happened.

The people who actually do know what happened don't seem to give a rip.  There's no indication it's even been discussed in the Panthers locker room.

it wasn't just you. as evidence by this thread and the 3 other threads.

the overreaction to just an observation by a few is beyond ridiculous, and the subsequent name calling, apocalyptic visions of Cam leaving and the ridiculous sarcasm. I'm done with the huddle for a while, i have a lot more fun watching games and discussing them with my friends. no wonder trolls thrive here.

I think the fact that any thread here about Cam good or bad is overblown speaks volumes.

Also, I did not call anyone names here or in that other thread. That is if you are in fact referring to me. Actually, it was someone who I will not name who referred to those opposing his opinion as "nut huggers".

Archived