• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer '13-'14 season

Ja  Rhule

Sky Italian reports that Spurs officials and Roma officials meeting in Spain to discuss Lamela deal. If Spurs acquire Lamela, they will spent almost £150m. Note that Spurs had only around £20m cash on hand. So £130m is all backloaded in loans. If Spurs fail to qualify for Champion League next year, it will be a disaster.

Sky Italian reports that Spurs officials and Roma officials meeting in Spain to discuss Lamela deal. If Spurs acquire Lamela, they will spent almost £150m. Note that Spurs had only around £20m cash on hand. So £130m is all backloaded in loans. If Spurs fail to qualify for Champion League next year, it will be a disaster.

Where do you get £150m from Arsen? According to transfermarket, we've spent 60.5m or so, with 23m incoming:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein_148_2013_default_default_alle_x_default.html

That leaves us 37.m in the hole atm, with no sale of Bale as of yet. If we buy Willian for 30m, that makes it 67.5m, add in Lamela at around 30m as well (going extreme imo), that puts us at 97.5m. Still a ridiculous amount of spending, but factor in the selling of Bale at 85m, and we're only 12.5m down for the season. Not to bad, considering how much everyone around us spends every year.

Now, if you start chipping in stadium loan payments, then we're a bit rough, but we could recoup by selling even more deadweight players in the meantime. Not too worried overall, and if we acquire Willian and Lamesa, then Bale is definitely gone.

EDIT: Forgot the cash on hand to start the window with of 20m. With that, we're still 7.5m ahead of the game with Bale selling for 85m. It all hinges on that, and if he stays, we'd definitely need to hit UCL next year to cover these costs. But, we'll see I guess what happens.

Everyone keeps reporting that Arsenal has more money than other 19 teams combined. I seriously think Arsenal got defrauded by owner and board and Arsenal is piss broke. Considering Wenger latest a bids of £5m for £20m rated kipper and £9m for £25m rated midfielder pretty much yells "no money". A desperation bids. Sad really, they just paid off their debt and received around £350m in TV and kits deals. Wenger is on a very hot seat, his legacy is in jeopardy... I doubt he would try to save Arsenal money when he's about to get fired. The only other option is, Kroenke is planning on selling club to Usamov (richest Russian guy).

BBC just reported that Arsenal in Spain working on a getting a deal done for double swoop for Di Maria and Benzima. Fee for both expected to be around £65m. If Madrid does sale Benzima to Arsenal, they expected to move for Suarez.

Group stage pretty much guaranteed for Arsenal so they will get additional £40m.

I seriously would low ball the fug out of Tottenham right now if I was Florentino.  65 million pounds take it or leave it we're done with this bullshit.  No fuging way they can afford all of those new signings/wages and the guys they have on their current squad....

Archived