• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer '13-'14 season

Ja  Rhule

Sunderland is just a Norwich loss away from pulling off the Great Relegation Escape (which included Ws at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge and a tie at the Etihad). 

Fulham and Cardiff are going down to be replaced by Leicester and Burnley. Promotion playoffs are Derby County-Brighton and QPR-Wigan.

I can imagine Arsenal celebrating 4th place again like they've won a trophy!

Good to see the tourist and upper class club Fulham getting relegated. They were bankrolled by a crook all the way to the top before being that club no-one notices. Good also to see Cardiff go down, was it worth selling your soul for one season in the top league? Pathetic club.

Sunderland aren't out of it yet, as Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich are contesting a punishment Sunderland received for playing an ineligible player - they got a fine rather than a points deduction which is usually given. AFC Wimbledon in League 2 got a 2 or 3 points deduction for the same, so I think they have a case.

League 1 is over for another season, only the play-offs left to decide. Hardly any local games for my team though, everyone's northern. It's going to cost me a fortune in rail tickets! If Leyton Orient win the play-offs then there'll be no London teams - especially now Charlton and Millwall have survived for another year in the Championship.

Another Summer without being at this place:post-15526-139919796137_thumb.jpg

I can imagine Arsenal celebrating 4th place again like they've won a trophy!

Considering all the injuries Arsenal had, it is an achievement. If not for the injuries there is a good chance Arsenal would still be #1.

Whenever you lose Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Flamini and Kocelny for the majority of 2nd half of the season it takes a toll. That's only starters. They also lost Rosciski, Diaby, Jenkinson and few other back-ups.

Sunderland aren't out of it yet, as Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich are contesting a punishment Sunderland received for playing an ineligible player - they got a fine rather than a points deduction which is usually given. AFC Wimbledon in League 2 got a 2 or 3 points deduction for the same, so I think they have a case.

Sunderland won't get a points reduction. They reported the issue as soon as it was brought to their attention and immediately resolved it. He was properly registered upon arrival at the club I believe. I think the issue arose after a loan spell. I think the fine will stand.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I like to see lots of goals being scored, so I watched a lot of Man City and Fulham matches this year. That worked pretty well.

Regardless of whether they win the league or not, I think Liverpool picked up a lot of American fans this year. Very exciting to watch.

This might be a blah final Sunday.

If Liverpool loses at Palace on Monday and City beats Villa on Wednesday then the race for 1st is over due to City's GD. Chelsea has GD on Arsenal so they're 3rd and Gunners are 4th. If Sunderland gets a point against West Brom, then they'll have GD on Norwich if they finish at 36. West Brom also has GD on Norwich if they finish at 36 as well. Everton is going Europa and Spurs are 1 point or Man U dropping points from joining them. 

Archived