• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Erik Cole is back!!!

Source: Rotoworld per TSN.ca

The Hurricanes re-signed Erik Cole to a two year deal worth $5.8 million.

Cole had two goals and 15 points in 17 games with Carolina after coming back to the team from the Oilers at the trade deadline. Let's hope he improves upon the zero goals and five assists he collected through 18 post-season games.

I feel so much better. We get Larose back, we are in business. I think if Jussi, Cole, Staal and Cam all have great years, the rest takes care of itself. We know Seidenberg is gonna deliver, we know that Kaberle can produce, we also know that Brindamore brings the pain whenever he can...gonna be a bigger year than last year (especially postseason, barring injury) if we get all the pieces back. Just one more to go.:)

I think its a really fair deal for Cole. I really dont think that we are bringing back LaRose, he would have signed by now. I thought that they would have gone after someone along the lines of Mike Knuble but the Caps just picked him up. Im willing to bet that this is the roster spot for Boychuk. I hope so at least.

He has more tenure than he has done it before. Not sure that he is going to put 20+ goals up over again. I dont think that Jussi is going to score 20+ either. But there wasnt any sense in letting him get away after the he played in the playoffs.

I feel so much better. We get Larose back, we are in business. I think if Jussi, Cole, Staal and Cam all have great years, the rest takes care of itself. We know Seidenberg is gonna deliver, we know that Kaberle can produce, we also know that Brindamore brings the pain whenever he can...gonna be a bigger year than last year (especially postseason, barring injury) if we get all the pieces back. Just one more to go.:)

Seidenberg will not be resigned. Kaberle should start in his place.

Archived