• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tolbert

carolinanimal

I'm more worried about his blocking as I always am. I've never been convinced that he is a good lead-blocking FB. He seems to just crash into people with his head. I like to see fullbacks stand people up and shove them out of the hole. Don't get me wrong--I like to watch him catch screen passes and dance as much as anybody, but we shouldn't think he's a good FB just because he can "rumble."

I am not talking about the offense as it is designed, I was referring to some of us fans and changing our minds about what we want from game to game and moment to moment.

The offense was open enough yesterday.  It wasn't too conservative.  I don't buy into the fact that you force throws downfield and waste downs or risk turnovers just to say you did it.

I think we had plays called to go downfield, we just didn't take it, or the Hawks took it away.

You already know I agree that loss was more about execution than playcalling.

Same result either way though. 

I want to see more designed plays with him as the target in the passing game. He impressed me more with his hands and elusiveness in those situations last year than he did with his carries. He's a load in the open field, but he can't get out there much. He needs to be found for one on one matchups against linebackers and corners where he can break a tackle and reel off a big one. He's not getting it done between the tackles. DeAngelo is a strong "bad line" runner in the sense that his elusive style makes problems because he can cut through small spaces. Tolbert not so much. He needs big holes to open up and he thrives on yards after first contact. We simply don't have the offensive line to make Tolbert a feature option.

With as wide as the blitzers were coming on the outside to keep Cam inside the pocket, we need to see more designed draw plays and quick reads by Cam to take the yardage the defensive gives. Delayed handoffs and QB scrambles. We have to make the edge rushers play a little more honest so Cam has more time to make decisions without fear that the pocket is coming down around him.

Archived