• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tolbert

carolinanimal

Trust me, in about 5-6 games a lot of people are going to start feel like they got hoodwinked.

I keep trying to remind people about this offense and all we heard the entire off season was the return to the power running game. Despite a mess of an O-line with no depth, Rivera and staff kept on with the power running game mantra.

So much for that. After game 1 they're already talking about "opening up" the offense and trowing more.

Saying you were too conservative passing doesn't mean you're about to just abandon the run, especially since it was actually pretty solid in week 1.

Shula has to find his groove.

I liked the offense against the Seahawks, Olsens drops really slowed us down though. There was around 50 yards in those drops alone and two of them I think would've moved us past mid field. We just have to move Ginn up the field and make him Cams first read . Smith and Olsen can't always be the first read for us.

Trust me, in about 5-6 games a lot of people are going to start feel like they got hoodwinked.

I keep trying to remind people about this offense and all we heard the entire off season was the return to the power running game. Despite a mess of an O-line with no depth, Rivera and staff kept on with the power running game mantra.

So much for that. After game 1 they're already talking about "opening up" the offense and trowing more.

This is so true it isn't even funny.

He's a fullback. Dwill had 5 ypc which is all we needed. We could've used Cam or Tolbert on that 2nd and 2 then 3rd and 1. But Tolbert is not a back we need to lean on like Stew. I am excited for the return of Barner and think he will add a dimension we can use if we run the option a few more times.

Bottom line, Cam is not our leading rusher right now and Dwill was able to get back to his old form. We just ran out of gas.

Actually it's not.

The Coryell is not just power running. It's power running combined with downfield passing.

It's already supposed to be more 'open' than it was yesterday.

I am not talking about the offense as it is designed, I was referring to some of us fans and changing our minds about what we want from game to game and moment to moment.

The offense was open enough yesterday.  It wasn't too conservative.  I don't buy into the fact that you force throws downfield and waste downs or risk turnovers just to say you did it.

I think we had plays called to go downfield, we just didn't take it, or the Hawks took it away.

rotoworld...

The Charlotte Observer says Mike Tolbert's role was limited in Week 1 because of his tender hamstring.

Tolbert did play on 33 of the Panthers' 52 offensive snaps, but he got just four carries and one catch. Perhaps his offensive role will grow as he gets healthier, but for now it looks like the Panthers want to lean on DeAngelo Williams (20 touches on 32 snaps). Tolbert remains a low-upside stash ahead of a Week 2 matchup with the Bills.

he has been injured so being used sparingly isn't surprising.

i remember one particular play where he tried to bounce it outside, which i remember him doing in san diego. he needs to run in a straight line.

i also remember a play where cam scrambled to the left on 3rd down, two defenders in his way and tolbert in between. tolbert then just stepped to the side and let the two defenders get to cam.

Archived