• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star Top Rookie of Week 1

CPF4LIFE

Yeah, I doubt Star will garner any attention because of the position he plays, nonetheless, I'm ecstatic to have him anchoring our D-Line. I didn't expect him to shine this fast however. He absolutely dictated The Seahawk's O-Line.

He's garnering attention already by the fact he was named the top rookie.

Yeah you didnt watch the Rams and Cardinals game.  Tavon went 7 for 41 ysrds while that might seem that much he caught a key catch for a first down. Plus he got a defender to cause a pass interference for 35 yards. He also played some smart footnall on a punt return and blocked a defender from downing the ball on the 1 yard line. 

right on cue

Sorry, I'm not a big watcher of the Rams by any means, but didn't he get like ~50 yards and his team got the W? Not bad for a rookie WR?

You are such a hypocrite Squirrel.   When Lafell has super mediocre stat lines like that you all call him Lafail and say he had that one catch.  After that, where the hell was he at the rest of the game?  I watched some of that NFC west nonsense.  Tayvon had a very run of the mill day for a first round pick, but Star made a difference on our team, the Carolina Panthers.  He did things that most rookie DTs cannot do, even first rounders.  I'm sure they have a board if you want to become a Tayvon Austin super fan!  You others can swallow back too.

You are such a hypocrite Squirrel.   When Lafell has super mediocre stat lines like that you all call him Lafail and say he had that one catch.  After that, where the hell was he at the rest of the game?  I watched some of that NFC west nonsense.  Tayvon had a very run of the mill day for a first round pick, but Star made a difference on our team, the Carolina Panthers.  He did things that most rookie DTs cannot do, even first rounders.  I'm sure they have a board if you want to become a Tayvon Austin super fan!  You others can swallow back too.

Find one post I call Lafell out.  You wont find it because there is none.  The Only player I will every bash is the QB that is only because people love to over embellish them.

Couple other points I never wanted to trade up to get Austin.  But if he was at 14 and Star wasn't I wanted Austin.

Austin did have a good game nothing great no TD.s or PR but How many Great plays did Star have?  Sure he filled the middle and got some push.  But he didn't look like a HOF in one game.  But a solid first round pick. 

While watching the STL-Arizona game the most impressed rookie I saw in the game wasn't Austin. It was Tryrann Mathieu he was making some great plays and also some foolish but for a rookie he was playing great.

Find one post I call Lafell out.  You wont find it because there is none.  The Only player I will every bash is the QB that is only because people love to over embellish them.

Couple other points I never wanted to trade up to get Austin.  But if he was at 14 and Star wasn't I wanted Austin.

Austin did have a good game nothing great no TD.s or PR but How many Great plays did Star have?  Sure he filled the middle and got some push.  But he didn't look like a HOF in one game.  But a solid first round pick. 

While watching the STL-Arizona game the most impressed rookie I saw in the game wasn't Austin. It was Tryrann Mathieu he was making some great plays and also some foolish but for a rookie he was playing great.

I don't qoute Stephen A. Smith much, but "He will be a great player if he can stay off the weed"(Mathieu). 

In order for Lotulelei to even receive a spot in the voting, he would have to register 50+ tackles with 7 sacks and anchor a playoff defense ranked somewhere in the Top 5.

Or he could've just gotten drafted by Washington and he still would've at least gotten voted pepsi rookie of the year even if he didn't try

Archived