• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Since some are turning on Cam I have 4 question for you.

koolkatluke

I'm saying in terms of Hilton, it wasn't like when he first came into the league he was a big aquisition.  By comparison, Tedd Ginn was a first rounder, and I believe he could be our Hilton.  Greg Olsen is better than both Fleener and Allen, so I would say they are equal in the least.  The Colts probably do have a better O-line, but I don't think it's all pro across the board or anything of that nature.  The Richardson pick up is big, but again he hasn't done much so far.  D-Will and Tolbert is just as good as Richardson so far.

Other than the O-line perhaps, I would say our offense is about the same in terms of talent.  It's not like the Colts drafted a "AJ Green" talent or signed a big offensive free agent in the past two years.

Hilton was a rookie that was drafted alongside Luck.  Comparing him to Ginn is ridiculous.  If you want to build around a young QB, you either draft talent to develop with him, or you bring in a proven veteran, not a good PR/KR that has failed at receiver everywhere he has been...

You asked what additions the Colts made, how they built around Luck, not how our teams compared offensively.  The Colts have continually built around Luck since drafting him, realizing how important he was for their future.

Peyton Manning won 10 games each year for 10 years with no LT after Glenn retired. Even after he lost 88, they continued to win 10 games a year with a terrible defense.

The Bears won 10 games last year with a terrible offensive line and 1 legit WR.

This is not to say that Cam is to blame, but it is also not to say that he is free from it.   The pitcher in baseball gets the loss even if the players behind him get 2 hits and commit 4 errors.  The reason?  He had the ball at the beginning of every pitch and he could have prevented a loss if he himself did not make his share of mistakes too.

so what you are saying is that since he is not as good as peyton manning, a top 3 qb of all timeu he sucks? 

there's nothing funny about it

its f-cking sad

What they said is true. A whole gang of chart topping stats pretty it up but what they said has proven true to date.

Now you are just talking out of your ass.

I'm glad you continue to reveal your true self to everyone here though. It is truely pathetic that there are people that call themselves fans who would rather simply be right about their biased opinions and pure distaste for a player even if it means having a losing franchise.

We are not where I thought we would be when we drafted Cam... of course I did not want to draft him but he won me over very fast.  Since then what they all said about him predraft remains true. Cannot run a traditional offense, lacks accuracy, has poor mechanics.  I have seen flashes of greatness but nothing even approaching consistent growth.  They make a huge deal out of the guy for learning how to check down and coming in on his day off to watch film.  Sounds like a slow process at best, and likely somewhat fabricated in some aspects.

Can he be replaced?  Never.  but its way harder to change the surroundings than to change him.  Yes franchise QB's don't grow on trees. Cam is not one.  Not yet at least.  Some may argue that he is not even close.  And the best argument his fanz can make is that its not his fault and he should only be judged AFTER we put all sorts of pretty expensive things around him to compliment his abilities.

compliment or hide?

Truth hurts so people make excuses trying to convince themselves.  Human nature.  But facts are facts and all the stats in the world Cam-fanz can produce have only proven one thing.  That thing is that stats lead to excuse-making instead of wins.  

I hope they bring in the dream coach you people want.  I can't wait to hear what you blame it on next.  Or if you happen to be right and I am wrong (possible).  Its a win for me either way.

so let me get this straight. your stance is to say cam newton sucks as some sort of "truth", so that if he fails you can say you said so and if you were wrong then you could "win" ?

Peyton Manning won 10 games each year for 10 years with no LT after Glenn retired. Even after he lost 88, they continued to win 10 games a year with a terrible defense.

The Bears won 10 games last year with a terrible offensive line and 1 legit WR.

This is not to say that Cam is to blame, but it is also not to say that he is free from it.   The pitcher in baseball gets the loss even if the players behind him get 2 hits and commit 4 errors.  The reason?  He had the ball at the beginning of every pitch and he could have prevented a loss if he himself did not make his share of mistakes too.

1. He also played with 2 HOF Wr a 4x pro bowl TE and a 3x pro bowl RB. And his OLine was bad.

2. With a defense that scored a Td's and cause TO every game. So try again??

3. Again nobody says Cam is free from blame just not most of it.

so again my question is qb the only reason they are losing? when did football become mens tennis? do those qbs play by themselves? you admit in your own post that some of those qbs TEAMS won with them playing bad. how come this doesnt apply to cam newton?  

The line between winning and losing is fine.  If Peyton Manning were our QB, would we be 1-3?  No.  He had a worse defense in Indy and he has a terrible OL right now. 

Since Cam has not won since arriving, it would be an appropriate position for you to consider the fact that he could be part of the problem and not everyone except him.

But you are right.  If you gave him a pro bowl line, Larry Fitz, Calvin, and Jimmy Graham,  he would be better.  

so let me get this straight. your stance is to say cam newton sucks as some sort of "truth", so that if he fails you can say you said so and if you were wrong then you could "win" ?

yea dude

you nailed it

thats my agenda.  to be "right" among a bunch of anonymous Forum nit wits.

i feel so exposed

1. He also played with 2 HOF Wr a 4x pro bowl TE and a 3x pro bowl RB. And his OLine was bad.

2. With a defense that scored a Td's and cause TO every game. So try again??

3. Again nobody says Cam is free from blame just not most of it.

Those 2 HOF WRs might not have been if he were not the qb.  He also won after Marvin left with some undrafted players that he made special. Same with the TE, who struggled when leaving Indy.  The OL sucked.  Polian calls it the reason he was fired.

I do not know what #2 means.  That defense was the reason he was in a shootout every week.

I agree with #3.  I want Cam to succeed. I just get tired of people who go apesh*t any time anyone questions him.

Hilton was a rookie that was drafted alongside Luck.  Comparing him to Ginn is ridiculous.  If you want to build around a young QB, you either draft talent to develop with him, or you bring in a proven veteran, not a good PR/KR that has failed at receiver everywhere he has been...

You asked what additions the Colts made, how they built around Luck, not how our teams compared offensively.  The Colts have continually built around Luck since drafting him, realizing how important he was for their future.

Hilton is turning out to be a good receiver.  We know that now.  Yet when he was drafted, I doubt Colts fans were jumping up and down saying they have their new star receiver or anything like that.  It could be that Luck is having a hand in making Hilton a good receiver.  I don't even think the Colts organization thought Hilton was going to be a star receiver.  I believe they primarily wanted him to be a PR and third receiving option.  If we are saying Hilton is going to be a star receiver, that part just happened.  So I wouldn't say they brought in Hilton as a move to build around Luck.  (Though you can and have made the case for those tight ends)

Yet all in all, in terms of talent the Colts have to work with, it's not much different than what we have to work with. (This comparison was more in response to that first statement I quoted of yours where you said the Colts, Dolphins, and Browns made moves for their QBs or teams.  Yet I say the Panthers are about even on offense with the Colts.)

Their first year they didn't have much impact. Fleener is now getting more action because Dwayne is gone for the year I believe. Ultimately however, I don't think these guys are making great impact on the Colts as major weapons just yet. Richardson isn't doing much, and TY Hilton was a nobody who is now coming up. I do think, this is just me, when I look at the Colts offense, it's not that much better than the Panthers offense. We got runners, we got a good catching tight end, and we got a old vet receiver just like the Colts surrounded by a bunch of young guys.

The overall point is that we haven't added significant pieces to help aid Cam on offense. Colts drafted two talented TEs and traded for a workhorse RB. They also brought in Luck's OC from Stanford I believe as well. Just putting Luck in a good position to succeed

While we ask Cam to put the entire offense on his back.

The line between winning and losing is fine.  If Peyton Manning were our QB, would we be 1-3?  No.  He had a worse defense in Indy and he has a terrible OL right now. 

Since Cam has not won since arriving, it would be an appropriate position for you to consider the fact that he could be part of the problem and not everyone except him.

But you are right.  If you gave him a pro bowl line, Larry Fitz, Calvin, and Jimmy Graham,  he would be better.  

so because we cant get him the nfc probowl line up on offense, he should get nothing? 

have you looked at our drafts and fa periods? 

Archived