• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Ron Rivera be fired!

Pantherman

As we know this is Ron hot seat year. But it seems for right this second this team is picking up steam and winning a few games. But let's just say for a second that if by some chance Ron gets this team to a 9-7 year and just miss the playoffs. Does DG and JR let him go or keep him? I for one say that if RR gets this team 9-7 then he deserves one more year. I mean if he goes the the whole coaching staff goes as well. Losing the coaching staff could hurt both the D progression and the Offense as well. The way I see it if Ron goes 9-7. Keep him on a short leash and give him another year to do his thing. Go out in the offseason get a few offensive line guys who are solid in FA and hope that Gross stays around one more season after this year. Then focus on resigning Hardy if we can. Then use the first 2 picks of the draft to go after a top WR or Olineman with the first pick and get a solid WR or Olineman with the second round pick. I think that would be the best option for next year if we should go 9-7 and just miss the playoff because another team had a better record then we did. What are y'all thoughts on this?

Playoffs or he's gone.

If he goes, the whole coaching staff isn't necessarily gone.  Just probably.  They might keep McDermott...or if JR's history gives us any indicator McDermott might be the next HC....

No thank you. But I just feel if Ron does go 9-7 and couldn't get into the playoffs because the other team had one more win then us. Doesn't mean he should fired. I would understand if the team went below .500 again. But I'm talking about a winning record. He should one more chance.  But McDermott as HC. No way in heck I would want him as HC. No way!

I wouldn't want that either, I'm just saying I could see it happening.  I'd even say it's more likely than getting some good offensive minded coach, just going off JR's tendencies.

And I couldn't give less of a poo about a winning record.  Playoffs or it didn't happen.  If he's still not even giving us a chance at contending for the championship it's a wasted season and he needs to go.

Archived