• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Career Receiving Yards Watch

philp

No matter where Steve ends up on some list, he has already cemented his place in the history books. Living legend.

i'm not one to care much about these stats. but, it was really cool to see him catch his 800th reception for a TD live at BOA. btw he is 29th on that list. i feel honored to have watched him play for us here.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_career.htm

Do you feel like Steve will want to retire while he is still playing at the top of his game? Or because of his competitiveness he will play until he is just physically unable to perform the job?

He isn't at the top of his game now. I think he will quit when he no longer is a decent caliber 2.

something i find interesting is steve smith vs chad johnson.  both came into the league the same year.  chad started off a lot stronger the first few years, mainly because steve was a return guy.  chad was a nutcase i know, and maybe this is why he isn't playing anymore, BUT i'd like to think that his physical build has something to do with it also.  steve can still throw your ass down and get the first down.  he could effective for another few good years in the slot.  notice how he already has 3 TDs?

It's completely on how long he wants to play... But I believe he could play several more years in the slot and be very successful.

I think he could daily finish ahead of Cris Carter and be a first ballot HOFer.

I believe he could surpass Carter with 2 more years in the League. I hope that Smitty breaks 14,000 yds though. As is stated though, this would be all Smittys decision.

Archived