• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

MichaelNewtonII

so basically he's similar to andre drummond? Raw but talented

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yep, Raw but very talented. He's only played two years of organized basketball so it's really amazing how polished he is already. If he hits his full potential he'd probably be the best C in the NBA or damn close to it. 

Yep, Raw but very talented. He's only played two years of organized basketball so it's really amazing how polished he is already. If he hits his full potential he'd probably be the best C in the NBA or damn close to it.

I pretty much heard this word-for-word about Bismack Biyombo in 2011. That worked out well.

I pretty much heard this word-for-word about Bismack Biyombo in 2011. That worked out well.

Nah, completely different for Embiid. He's much more polished, he's smooth with the ball, has good touch on his shot and actually has good hands catching the ball. Has 3pt range as well. Also doesn't hurt that he's 7-0 tall either. 

Embiid is not even close to as raw as Biyombo right now. Defensively, I think he will be similar to a Roy Hibbert. He is slow-footed like Hibbert, but has insane length that allows him to alter and block shots.

Offensively, his post game would be top 10 or 15 in the NBA RIGHT NOW. He has tremendous touch around the rim, uses a variety of spin moves, and I have yet to see him miss on his hook and jump-hook shots. He plays so composed and under control. I honestly believe that two years learning under Al Jefferson would make him the best post scorer in the league.

Embiid is not even close to as raw as Biyombo right now. Defensively, I think he will be similar to a Roy Hibbert. He is slow-footed like Hibbert, but has insane length that allows him to alter and block shots.

Offensively, his post game would be top 10 or 15 in the NBA RIGHT NOW. He has tremendous touch around the rim, uses a variety of spin moves, and I have yet to see him miss on his hook and jump-hook shots. He plays so composed and under control. I honestly believe that two years learning under Al Jefferson would make him the best post scorer in the league.

Is that counting PF position if so I doubt he'd be top 15 post game of all PF and C combined

A lot of mouthbreathers are gonna hate Embiid like the plague if he's the pick and he underachieves (which he will) as a rookie, if for no reason other than he's a big man and NBA big men don't blow the world away as rookies.

Cody Zeller: Most NBA-ready big man in the draft. Now most of you hate him 20 games into his career, because he's not yet 2010 Dwight Howard. It takes some time, and I've at least seen Zeller grow and not regress in the past few outings.

Biyombo has even gotten to where he deserves 5-6 minutes a game thanks to his rebounding.

A lot of mouthbreathers are gonna hate Embiid like the plague if he's the pick and he underachieves (which he will) as a rookie, if for no reason other than he's a big man and NBA big men don't blow the world away as rookies.

Cody Zeller: Most NBA-ready big man in the draft. Now most of you hate him 20 games into his career, because he's not yet 2010 Dwight Howard. It takes some time, and I've at least seen Zeller grow and not regress in the past few outings.

Biyombo has even gotten to where he deserves 5-6 minutes a game thanks to his rebounding.

I'm one of the guys who jumps to conclusions too soon. With that said I think biyombo should be given more reps. I know he's no al Jefferson. But at least he should be given 3-4 possessions a game where the dump it down to him and let him try to make something happen. That's the only way he's gonna get better and gain confidence offensively. U can't just tell him to rebound and play defense and set 50 picks a game. He needs to be involved, even if it's just slightly.

Zeller should be starting soon. On tired of seeing mcbob out there. He has no future on this team. He's a good role player and that's it. Clifford was right in not throwing zeller out there instantly. But it's time to seem him out there and what he can do with 25-30 minutes a game. ( if he can that long without foul trouble)

We have been very patient with biz. It's time to start using him offensive somewhat.

I'm one of the guys who jumps to conclusions too soon. With that said I think biyombo should be given more reps. I know he's no al Jefferson. But at least he should be given 3-4 possessions a game where the dump it down to him and let him try to make something happen. That's the only way he's gonna get better and gain confidence offensively. U can't just tell him to rebound and play defense and set 50 picks a game. He needs to be involved, even if it's just slightly.

Zeller should be starting soon. On tired of seeing mcbob out there. He has no future on this team. He's a good role player and that's it. Clifford was right in not throwing zeller out there instantly. But it's time to seem him out there and what he can do with 25-30 minutes a game. ( if he can that long without foul trouble)

We have been very patient with biz. It's time to start using him offensive somewhat.

You solved your own suggestion. Zeller doesn't play more and McRoberts takes a lot of his minutes because Zeller easily gets in foul trouble. Part of that is because he is a rookie and refs are gonna nitpick him, and part of it's because he gets beat off the dribble too often.

But damn, when Kemba gets him the ball in transition, the dude will scrape the sky when he dunks it.

You solved your own suggestion. Zeller doesn't play more and McRoberts takes a lot of his minutes because Zeller easily gets in foul trouble. Part of that is because he is a rookie and refs are gonna nitpick him, and part of it's because he gets beat off the dribble too often.

But damn, when Kemba gets him the ball in transition, the dude will scrape the sky when he dunks it.

All zeller does well is run the floor

Archived