• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RCR:the #3 is back in 2014 with Austin Dillon as the driver

Hugor Hill

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20131204b

Austin Dillon, grandson of team owner Richard Childress, will be named as the driver of one of the RCR Chevrolet SS Sprint Cup cars. And his car will carry the #3, the number Dillon used while competing in the NASCAR Nationwide and Camping World Truck series, but one that has been absent from the Cup series since the death of Dale Earnhardt in 2001. A team spokesman contacted by FOXSports.com would confirm only that Wednesdays press conference was about the teams 2014 plans and would include at least one sponsor announcement. Rumored but unconfirmed sponsors for the #3 include Dow Chemical, which has a long history with RCR, General Mills and Jack Daniel's. Dillon, the reigning Nationwide champion and 2011 Truck series title winner, has already acknowledged hes moving up to the Sprint Cup Series in 2014.

3cheerios-front.jpg

3cheerios-top.jpg

3dow-rcr-getty.jpg

I fully support this and I look forward to see what Dillon can do in Cup racing. boo yah!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a fan. Nothing against Austin Dillon, I just feel that if any driver loses their life in competition, then their number should be retired from that series, at least for an extended period of time.

I'd honestly prefer to never see the 3 or the 42 in Sprint Cup again.

• 2 months later...
Guest Dark Knight

Austin's stint driving the #3 in the Cup Series will be short-lived. This young lady is the rightful heir to that seat and will claim it in about 10 years.

Bikwke-IUAE2oUc.jpg

Archived