• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give up a 2015 1st round pick for franchise WR?

Evengelion

Not sure i'd even throw it in for a Megatron, see atl doing it with the next megaton Julio and now its left them with some big holes.

it really depends on whom you're talking, but generally no.

I mean if it got us Megatron, lol, then yes.  but there's no way it would, so... No.

Easy on this WR talk.................there are plenty of talented receives at any level in the draft..............

Priority one is to shore up quality offensive linemen...............that is the foundation of success.

When you have a superior line you can trap and block to open up holes like the one you saw DW run to a TD on. A superior line will give you those kinds of holes often and keep Cam from getting sacked when he is limited on mobility from injury like in this game.

You can win and dominant games with even mediocre running backs, QBs and WRS if your line is the best.................

Remember Trent Dilfer winning a SB?

It was his O line that was the key.

Not sure i'd even throw it in for a Megatron, see atl doing it with the next megaton Julio and now its left them with some big holes.

julio wasn't the next megatron... that kinda hype was just from falcon fans after the draft.

julio wasn't even the best receiver in that draft, that was AJ Green

The wake kid is good but what would rather just lock up Ginn and use the late pick on something else OL, DB. RB, etc.

Ginn has been solid.  Best returner we've had since Smitty was back there, and even though he has had a ton of Drops, but also had some Big catches and is improving.  Keep him waiting under the wings still learning under Smitty until he retires in a few years, then he can jump in the slot spot.

Ginn is 28 and isnt getting any younger though

That's how QBs start pressing and become injury prone. This team need a face at WR. I watch SF draft Jenkins late in the 2012 draft, he's already on his way out of the league. Late rounders are too hit or miss. We need a sure thing to make this team a superbowl contender. A prolific offense can make up for so many holes. Those FGs we've been kicking lately could all be TDs.

most of the best WR in history have been late 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks. it's about finding guys that match with Cam.

I'm not saying dont draft or sign a WR. i'm saying dont give up next years first when we are gonna need it

Ginn is 28 and isnt getting any younger though

GInn is good for another 3-5 years... But he will never be a true #1 receiver, imo.  I personally feel he can take the step to being a good #2.  And I do think he and Smitty on the field at the same time causes some matchup nightmares due to speed. 

Yes and No,  Green was the best WR in the draft but Julio wasn't far behind and he had a Huge upside with crazy Calvin like combine #'s

Plus peoples short memories forget that Julio was having the Biggest year for any WR including megaton this season up until his injury.

julio wasn't the next megatron... that kinda hype was just from falcon fans after the draft.

julio wasn't even the best receiver in that draft, that was AJ Green

ATL didn't build their team on defense. They thought they could throw the ball every down and put up 40 every week. So when one of their offensive players go down they can't rely on their D to stop anyone. On the other we have a strong and young defense for years to come, we need an offense to alleviate the pressure on them and now wear them out. Cam's been shouldering the load for this team. We need to make this a professional football team, not a gimmick one man wrecking crew who pulls off a last minute drive every week.

Yes and No,  Green was the best WR in the draft but Julio wasn't far behind and he had a Huge upside with crazy Calvin like combine #'s

Plus peoples short memories forget that Julio was having the Biggest year for any WR including megaton this season up until his injury.

Julio is a great receiver but he isn't even close to Megatron IMO.  He may be some day, but not yet.

I think Green is closer already, tho all this is kinda irrelevant.  I wouldn't have done the trade the Falcons did...

GInn is good for another 3-5 years... But he will never be a true #1 receiver, imo.  I personally feel he can take the step to being a good #2.  And I do think he and Smitty on the field at the same time causes some matchup nightmares due to speed. 

If he had consistent hands I would be for it, especially with his speed but he drops too many passes

Smitty is getting old, that PCL injury says it all

Archived