• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ATLANTA: This won't be easy

DaveThePanther2008

Well we can't possibly get any less pressure on Matt than we did last time.  Honestly, I was really disappointed with how our o-line and d-line played in that first game.

As much crap as Falcon fans talk about how horrible both sides of their lines are... both played pretty fuging good in that game I thought.  Cam was pressured a lot, and we couldn't get to Matt for nothing (1 sack for the day and we gave him too much time).

I think we forget how close that game actually was because Matty literally handed it to us at the end.  It's going to be even tougher without Smitty, Cam possibly still being hurt, Gonzo's last game, Roddy back, and being in the Georgia Dome.

Where is our "What the Falcons' fans are saying" thread? Or even "What the Saints fans are saying about the Car vs Falcons game"? I wish I had never peeked over there. Pages of depressed Saints fans pinning their hopes that the Falcons will somehow find it in themselves to win one for Gonzo while sticking it to us Panties. UGH. And the obligatory "the Panthers aren't that good" posts make me want to scream. What's even sadder is that they are betting on a "banged up" team without Smitty and a "gimpy" Cam. This is what your season dreams have come down to?

Of course I love those Saints fans that aren't even convinced they can beat the Bucs at home. But seriously...I know you need the Falcons to win, but give us a little credit. If we weren't "that good" would we be in the position we are in??

I say tear 'em up, boys. Stick to the Falcons AND the Saints at the same damn time!

I wonder what Atlanta's problem is this season. They were a force in the regular season for years, and now this implosion? What gives?

Firstly, we made literally no improvements to our D-line or O-line. We traded Osi out for Abe which improved nothing and was essentially a lateral move. We lost our starting RT for the year in preseason and proved to have zero depth on the roster at any position on the O-line.  

Not only that, but Roddy was injured, Julio was injured, SJax was injured etc. etc.

The amount of injures exposed the incompetence of our GM and our complete lack of depth at anything but the WR position.

All that combined to make us suck.

Firstly, we made literally no improvements to our D-line or O-line. We traded Osi out for Abe which improved nothing and was essentially a lateral move. We lost our starting RT for the year in preseason and proved to have zero depth on the roster at any position on the O-line.

Not only that, but Roddy was injured, Julio was injured, SJax was injured etc. etc.

The amount of injures exposed the incompetence of our GM and our complete lack of depth at anything but the WR position.

For once we agree with you.

Well we can't possibly get any less pressure on Matt than we did last time.  Honestly, I was really disappointed with how our o-line and d-line played in that first game.

As much crap as Falcon fans talk about how horrible both sides of their lines are... both played pretty fuging good in that game I thought.  Cam was pressured a lot, and we couldn't get to Matt for nothing (1 sack for the day and we gave him too much time).

I think we forget how close that game actually was because Matty literally handed it to us at the end.  It's going to be even tougher without Smitty, Cam possibly still being hurt, Gonzo's last game, Roddy back, and being in the Georgia Dome.

Hopefully we fix that just like we did against New Orleans.

Many might want to line me up and shoot me for saying this.  But losing Smitty might be a blessing in disguise.  They won't know who they want to take out of the game (so to speak).  It is going to force Cam, who IMO has already learned to, spread it around.

I would like to see McNutt go off tomorrow.  Hixon could really have a great game and I hope we air it out some to Ginn.   It's about time he catch one of those bombs Cam likes to throw.

I think everybody in the NFL saw it coming that the Abe-Osi thing as a lateral move at best... everyone but Falcon fans I guess.  I know I talked to plenty of people who said the same exact thing before the season even started.

Same thing with SJax.  An old running back that's been ran to death his entire career running behind that o-line?  Sorry, I just never bought into it.

The only thing on your entire roster that scared me coming into the season was the Julio, Roddy, Gonzo trio.

I thought you guys loved your new GM? 

i want the offense to be consistent. we need them to be rolling on all cylinders come playoff time....regardless if we don't get this bye.

this is no pushover. smitty is out. roddy is back. last game for tony g ever (he's gonna be pushing off like a punk bitch all game).

Cam is gonna have to have a good game and our WR are gonna have to get open..

hidden gem for the ATL game....Domenik Hixon.

My daughter cuts hair in Charlotte and said that one of her clients is a financial advisor for Cam. He saw him today and told my daughter he was limping bad. Cam's ankle is and has been a problem since the Jets game. He needs to step up into the pocket and only run if he has to.

Archived