• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why the two seed is actually better.

toldozer

he's not wrong; San Fran would come into Charlotte and beat us.

Philly or Dallas we will beat. Green Bay or Chicago we have a great shot at beating. We aren't beating San Fran again.

Doesn't look like we'll need to.

You say it like we CAN'T beat SF. We most certainly proved that we can by beating them at their place. And don't give me this crap like hurrr....durr...they got Crabtree...hurr....durr. Unless they got a new O-Line, we will eat them for lunch again.

Philly or Dallas we will beat. Green Bay or Chicago we have a great shot at beating. We aren't beating San Fran again.

Really... 

You're not giving us a chance against Colin Kaepernick who has been average all year (at best) and a defense that while is good, still is not better than ours?

I'm much more worried about getting torched by Drew Brees again than losing to San Francisco.

right because beating them on the road even when we played crappy is harder??? Jesus christ this fan base SUCKS

If you're saying there's a team in the league we CAN'T beat after winning 11 of 12 including wins at San Fran and at home vs. New Orleans and New England, you're not making logical sense in my world. NONE of these teams SCARE me at home. We could lose to any of them, but I'd give us a 60-75% chance of winning vs. all of our possible opponents in two weeks.

8789 it all depends on how far you think the Panthers can go. If you are only concerned about our first round game, then the 2 seed is fine. If you want to avoid going to Seattle like I do (winnable, but toughest matchup possible in the playoffs), then you'd prefer that 1 seed. 

In the playoffs, a good quarterback scares me more than a good defense. I'd rather face Russell Wilson over Drew Brees any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

People point to a 5-3 road record but 2 of those losses came when we as a team weren't all together (Buffalo, Arizona) and the other one came against Drew Brees in the dome... bottom line is that our road record could easily be 8-0 or 7-1 at the very least.

I guarantee you our secondary can handle Russell Wilson again, I'm not so sure about Drew Brees.

On top of that, there is decent chance that New Orleans plays against Seattle in the divisional round and though the Saints got torched last time in Seattle, there is not way that happens again; so we could easily see the the NFC Championship game come to Charlotte if we are able to win our divisional game.

I've said for many weeks that if San Fran and Seattle play in the divisional round that will be a war and the winner will be bruised/battered before the NFCCG. Playing SF here or Seattle there won't be easy, but I LOVE our chances either way should we take care of our own business at BOA.

right because beating them on the road even when we played crappy is harder??? Jesus christ this fan base SUCKS

different mojo now. They have crabtree back. Davis isn't dinged up. Aldon Smith isn't suspended or hungover or drunk.... trust me. I've been watching a long time. You want NOTHING to do with San Fran right now. They're the one team that could beat Seattle in seattle.

Archived