• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why the two seed is actually better.

toldozer

The saints are likely to go on the road and take a poo. The niners are likely to go on the road and win. Either way I don't like both road teams to win. I would much rather get Philly/Dallas or green bay/ Chicago in the divisional game. None of those teams have a defense on par with NO or the niners. But whoever we play. Bring it!! Let me get two claps and a Ric flair!!!!

The saints are likely to go on the road and take a poo. The niners are likely to go on the road and win. Either way I don't like both road teams to win. I would much rather get Philly/Dallas or green bay/ Chicago in the divisional game. None of those teams have a defense on par with NO or the niners. But whoever we play. Bring it!! Let me get two claps and a Ric flair!!!!

nature boy............

It all depends on who you consider our toughest match-up to be...

Personally I don't think we match-up well with New Orleans... their defense has stymied our offense twice and though our defense did limit Drew Brees to a sub-par day in Carolina, I don't expect that to happen again.

I'm with the OP, I would much prefer the #2 seed...

As it stands now...

Seeding

1. Seattle

2. Carolina

3. Philadelpha/Dallas

4. Chicago/ Green Bay

5. San Francisco

6. New Orleans

Wild Card

3. Philly/Dallas vs. 6. New Orleans

4. Chicago/ Green Bay vs. San Francisco

Divisional

1. Seattle vs. 4. Chicago/Green Bay, 5. San Francisco, 6. New Orleans

2. Carolina vs. 3. Philly/Dallas, 4. Chicago/Green Bay, 5. San Francisco

Record wise the two seed will have the easier route to the Super Bowl.

The Panthers are 7-1 at home, only loss being to the 1 seed in the NFC by 5 points in a Week 1 fluke. Panthers are 5-3 on the road, our only loss in the last 11 games was on the road against a good team. I don't care what the matchups are, I'd rather play at home as much as possible than on the road.

Archived