• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Origin of Peter King's hate on Cam

Evengelion

Peter King is not racist. But he is old and white. Old white football writers have a certain way they want the game to be played. They don't like celebrations or flashiness. They want every QB to be a "leader" and stoic. You eat, sleep, and breathe football. This is a mans game not entertainment! Rappers are icons! Not Quarterbacks! It's not about skin color but it is about age and culture. At some point Peter King stopped being a reporter and became a commentator. This is a trap many journalists fall into when they begin to believe their opinions are more important than the facts.

As for me, I want our QB to be an entertainer and an icon. The NFL is a TV show. I don't watch because football matters. It doesn't produce anything. It's purely for entertainment. I want him to be an icon. When I'm traveling the country or world and people see my Panthers hat I want them to say "Cam Newton is great!"

I wonder if Peter King likes Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, or Clay Matthews?

I stopped reading King's stuff after that last tweet a few weeks ago.  It's not that the content itself was so revolting, but the way he just blatantly ignored this season and made it sound like if we lost to NO Cam was almost a bust.  So, I'm taking a few months off MMQB.  When we're winning in the playoffs, his tune will change, I'm sure, but meh.  The way he treated Cam before the draft and how unrepentant he was since made me take a break from him a couple years ago, too (though it wasn't until after we drafted Cam, and I saw the kinda guy he was).

Honestly, the ONLY thing that I know about Peter King is what I've gleaned from the Huddle. I didn't even know what the guy looks like until the pic in this thread. I can't even tell you where King works. I don't do Twitter hardly at all, and I have never seen King on any Internet videos when researching different subjects. I'm serious. King can't be all that. 

King was in town for his annual training camp tour of every team when Cam blew him off. He didn't make any special trip for Cam and I doubt any sitdown promises were given either.

Yeah, I'd sure like to see Sam Mills Fan proof that Peter King was PROMISED an interview with Cam and Cam blew him off.

But that's just Sam Mills Fan being Sam Mills Fan.

That fact that we keep making threads about him means........the he wins.

Let it go people

Oooooooooooh look... Parson MadHatter is preaching to us again!

You sure love keeping your sports fans moral eye on everybody else's behavior, Parson... PREACH!

he's an idiot, he picked us to finish last in the NFC with a 6-10 record... the day the worst team in the conference finishes 6-10 will be the day Peter King becomes a respected sports writer

Not an idiot. But for a guy who spends his LIFE covering the game of football he's just dense about seeing how things will unfold. He really sucks and strokes New England, Mannings, Green Bay/Rodgers, New Orleans/Brees, Formerly Favre. If it happens outside of that its outside of Milkytits King's sphere

Archived