• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Stadium Renovation Progress Thread Update 2-21

chknwing

Sound system will be a HUGE upgrade, right now there are only speakers in the west end of the stadium (where I sit) which is fine for me but apparently there are people who can barely hear them where they sit. 

I'm also looking forward to the dual wrap-around ribbon boards because 1) it will cover up some ugly bare concrete and 2) it will really modernize the look and feel of the stadium on gameday. It will be interesting to see what they do with the ring of honor names since one of the new ribbon boards will go right over top of where they currently are. 

I'll never complain about bigger endzone video boards and people have come to expect much bigger boards than the Panthers currently have, so I totally understand this move and I think they struck a nice balance between making the boards significantly larger while still fitting within the overall scale of the stadium. 

I don't sit in the 300 or 500 levels so I won't need to use the new escalators, but I understand the need for them and it should reduce quite a bit of the traffic at the 4 main gates, which will directly benefit me (and it's all about me, LOL). 

Finally, I'm really glad they're doing something with those dingy dome lights on the outside - those things were so weathered and had so much crap built up in them over the years that they really became a black-eye on an otherwise beautiful stadium. 

I thought I had to order those...

welp I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

I didn't see any hats but that doesn't mean they weren't there.  Also there was only this one tshirt in black only.  There was a gray one that was horrid and didn't even have the year on it.  $28.00 and I thought that it was a good price.  Much better quality than your going to get at Dick's or anywhere else in a few days.

28ji06t.png

I didn't see any hats but that doesn't mean they weren't there. Also there was only this one tshirt in black only. There was a gray one that was horrid and didn't even have the year on it. $28.00 and I thought that it was a good price. Much better quality than your going to get at Dick's or anywhere else in a few days.

28ji06t.png

Yeah that's the shirt I'd want. I was wondering about the quality so thanks.

I'd rather get the hat but whatever, I live close. I'll take a look.

Archived