• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do We Double Dip Again?

mercules20

Tag and trade Hardy and double dip WR in the 1st, assuming we get a 1st for Hardy. Then go BPA in 2nd and 3rd for CB and OT.

Would love to see that happen. But as of right now. The odds of us tagging and trading Hardy is about 25% in my book. A lot of teams knows our cap problems and will wait it out. Then once we have no other choice. DG will have to untag him and let him walk. The only way I see us trading Hardy for a 1st round pick is if there is a team needing help bad enough and they want him and don't want to fight for him on open market. But getting a first round pick at any number right now would be a big help to us. Double dipping for 2 WRs in the first would be big for Cam and this offense. Then get our oline in order through our guys coming back off of injury and Gross coming back a long with drafting a RT in the second round. And get a decent running game going. Cam and that offense will be the most dangerous the league will ever see in the history of the NFL.

Rarely? The Falcons double-dipped last year too (two CBs back-to-back). And judging from what I saw from them, that was a success too.

Every team in the NFCS that had picks to use double dipped the first two rounds last year if you count Revis as the Bucs' 1st round pick :)

I would double or even triple dip if the talent is there. If the next guy up on your board is a WR/OL in the first, take him. If the next guy up on your board is a WR/OL in the second, take him, regardless of who you took in the first.

Never, ever, ever reach to fill needs through the draft!!!! Many franchises have been majorly screwed taking that approach, though mostly at the QB position. The draft should be used to infuse your team with young talent - within reason of course. For instance, we wouldn't draft Manziel if he's available. But if say Clowney somehow fell to our pick, and he's the top guy on our board, take him and don't look back.

Archived