• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do We Double Dip Again?

mercules20

Due to the success of bringing Kawann and Star together at the same time, will Gettleman and Rivera be more prone to double dip on tackle? Or do we likely get a guard and a tackle? I'm comfortable with Amini, but I don't know who will be the other guard as the entire o-line is looking like a mystery right now heading into this offseason.

I think all it is is an indicator that he's willing to do that if the talent is right. That's something that I bet a lot of gms can't say they'd be willing to do. Last time it worked and because they both looked so good this season they made the individual picks look better than if we'd just taken one.

It's all depending. If most of the the tackles are taken then the likelihood is when we pick at #28 we will most likely pick up a second round graded tackle! So with gettleman going on BPA we will most likely pick up a receiver, but again it depends on what teams pick before us and whether we trade down, I mean if all the first round graded tackles are gone and so are the high graded receivers then il have no problem with drafting down

I think it's possible, I just don't think it may be necessary.  If Gross comes back and all our injured Oline guys come back we really don't need to draft more than one tackle to be in pretty good shape.  The only other double dip possibility would be WR which, if we are going to be a running team,  we may not want to draft highly more than one rookie WR.  I mean, there are only so many snaps for a WR in our offense.  If we keep Smith, Ginn, bring in a decent vet FA and draft one good prospect those are probably our top 4 guys right there.  How often would the second WR draftee see the field?

That doesn't mean it's out of the question for us to draft more than one offensive lineman or WR, just that we may not have a need to double dip on either position with our first two picks.

It's not like last years DT position where we had a gaping hole and nobody around worth a damn to fill them.

Not at OT.  

I don't know why so many people are convinced that there is a likelihood that we're gonna double dip on OT, when there was no Meanie or Kug this past season. I think we may take one high if they are the BPA, but we have to get some offensive play-makers in here. We just have to. So if anything, I can see us double dipping at wide-out.

Archived