• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope DG is learning from Loomis.

unicar15

Exactly.

Outside of getting lucky by signing Brees (only got him because the idiot Dolphins made the wrong choice), the Saints organization has been terrible.

Brees wanted to go to Miami....only went to NO because Miami passed on him.

Throw in the radio spying and Bountygate, and the Saints are NOT an organization you want to emulate.

Right now they are right at the cap and have a number of guys to resign most notably Graham.  I figure the door for them is beginning to close given Brees is not getting any younger.

Could that not be said of a lot of positions? Mercedes Lewis was a #28 pick and has been a pro bowler.

I have been on this train for awhile! The boom/bust at #28 for TE vs any other position has me thinking TE all the way. Ebron/Amaro/ASJ for me, and a good argument could be made for ASJ above any since he's the best run blocker to boot! 6'6, 276, coordinated, basketball player, etc=unreal! And, again, NE, Seattle, the falcons or bucs will be like vultures if we don't! A premier TE would be great value at #28!

Not really.

For example for WR's it's 4 1st rounders, 4 2nd rounders and 2 later (6th) rounders.

Even for the lowly RB, it's 3 1st rounders, 4 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, and 1 6th.

TE's drafted in the 1st round typically don't bust, but they turn out average more than any other position.

Not really.

For example for WR's it's 4 1st rounders, 4 2nd rounders and 2 later (6th) rounders.

Even for the lowly RB, it's 3 1st rounders, 4 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, and 1 6th.

TE's drafted in the 1st round typically don't bust, but they turn out average more than any other position.

Kuechly is the only first rounder in the top 9 tacklers, maybe we shouldn't have taken him or any defensive player in the 1st?

When talking TE, it's a new ballgame, you can't think like you did even 12 ago (when Shockey was a first rounder), or 7 years ago when we chose DeAngelo over Mercedes Lewis, or even several years ago when Graham and Gronk weren't first rounders. If you find the next Graham or Gronk, you pick in the first. They are matchup nightmares in a new game. Welcome to the future.

Graham's contract situation is exactly why we should consider trying to get one of the top 2 TEs in this draft. I think there could be a possibility there if we end up trading Hardy for a 1st round pick. Even without it though...I'd say that if Sefarian-Jenkins or Ebron is there at 28 they'd be BPA and I'd have no problem taking either. Cheap, effective, big targets for Cam which is exactly what he needs.

I just don't see us going back to a 2 TE set. Ron and Fox. We run mainly one TE sets. No need to waste a 1st round pick on a TE just to back up Olsen.  We need to spend the first round pick on a top WR or olinemen. Plain and simple. Unless DG willing to draft Ebrone and turn him into a WR. Which Ebron really doesn't have the speed to be WR. He better suited for the TE position. Just don't see DG wasting a first round pick on TE just to back our started TE.

Archived