• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's gone snow.

Darth Biscuit

Snowed in Davidson County.  But, didn't add up.  I knew it wouldn't.  I spent too much time yesterday getting ready for ice and snow to have it do anything today.  :angry:

Although, I guess we better be thankful because every old farmer I know is telling me the signs are there for making it a hot, long and dry summer.  :angry:   They were right about the winter, the persimmon seed, the foggy days in August, the wooly worm, and Southern winds in November.

• 1 month later...

When do the slopes actually close in CO?

June or July. Depends on the weather. I'm a little nervous about going when it warms up we have a huge amount of snow pack right now. Our creeks are going to be insane when it starts to melt. We had all that flooding in September. Lots of debris and they've spent all winter cleaning it out. All our river maps of maps are no longer good.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

A relatively cool spring will give way to a colder-than-usual summer locally, all because of the continuing impacts of the intensely frigid, snowy winter, scientists said. And at least one Great Lakes ice researcher thinks the domino effect could continue into a chilly fall and an early start to next winter — and beyond.

The reason is the unusually late ice cover that remains on the Great Lakes. Heading into May, the Great Lakes combined remain 26% ice-covered, with Lake Superior still more than half-blanketed in ice. By comparison, at this time last spring the lakes were less than 2% covered with ice.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20140501/NEWS01/305010015/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

http://www.ncpiedmontweather.com/2014/10/snow-chance-according-to-european-model-next-weekend/

EUROPEAN WEATHER MODEL The European is the most bullish and now for three model runs it has shown this strong coastal low to occur. Also, the European showed some areas of Western NC getting over a foot of snow but the latest model has dropped to half a foot and expanded into the Piedmont so this bares watching closely. I will not post the European snowfall map for fear of the hype it could cause but if it is still showing this snowfall accumulation next Tuesday then I will buy it more than at this time range. 

European Weather Model - go home you are drunk.

Archived