• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's gone snow.

Darth Biscuit

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt I could get here...  they don't have the equipment to deal with that here.

It's only happened once that I can recall (1989) and seriously life stopped for a week.

That's what they say here.

I swear these snow plow operators are addicted to plowing snow. It's like they found a bunch of people with ADHD who liked plowing snow, loaded them up with Adderall and tell them to go nuts.

I was driving down I-25 in June, hit by a hail storm that covered about 12 miles of the interstate in ice. Before I got to the end they already had a guy out there plowing the road.

I doubt we've even got plows here... they put some scrappers on trucks and have a few road plows for the dirt roads, but not many...

They try to salt the bridges, but more than 6" or so of snow shuts this town down. Of course, we don't get snow much so it's not that big of a deal.

It's not like snow will stick around. Keep the interstates and US highways clear for commerce and it's all good.

It was 50 at 530 this morning. 29 now with wind chill it's 13. One of the hands had his hard hat freeze to his hair.

It's not like snow will stick around. Keep the interstates and US highways clear for commerce and it's all good.

It was 50 at 530 this morning. 29 now with wind chill it's 13. One of the hands had his hard hat freeze to his hair.

This is true... we've only got one interstate here, I-40 coming in from the north....  74/76 comes in from the east and 17 comes in from the SW...  I'm sure they'd try to keep them open, but probably couldn't if it stayed cold for a couple of days.

That's what happened in '89.  It snowed roughly 20" here over about a 24 hour period on Christmas Eve and got down to 0* F.  It stayed below freezing for a couple of days so the snow didn't go anywhere and there was only so much they could do for it.

I know all the little roads around town here would stay iced in.

Archived