• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam on First Take Now

gmonjimbo

They will try to get him to answer something they can use to spin as a negative. Especially Skip. They will set him up.

Despite your usual comments I take exception to this. They rarely talk down on players personally unless something is done wrong in the eye of the public. They also show respect to guests on their show.

Guest Dark Knight

ESPN is always in full troll mode.

When Cam was on they displayed the caption "25-24 career record." They had to squeeze in that playoff loss to his total. It flashed after they displayed his regular season stats. Generally speaking they only display regular season records. I know when they were talking about Andrew Luck the other day they displayed his W/L record as 22-10, didn't wanna add two playoff Ls to his loss column.

Then when Colin was on later today they displayed "SF 49ers 41-14-1 since drafting Kaepernick." I guess that's because 41 wins looks way better than the 21 wins he actually participated in.

Fun fact:

In the Harbaugh era, SF has a better winning percentage with Alex Smith (20-6-1) under center opposed to Colin Kaepernick (21-8).

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL

There may be "better" QB's in this league(obviously as Cam is still young and growing) but there is not a single QB id take right now over Cam. Not one. Cam has more upside, on and off the field, than any one player in the league right now. This franchise is beyond lucky that he was there to draft. 

The only thing that would have made the interview better would have been for Cam to mention TD and others along with Luke.

Still amazes me, and can't believe the "experts" can't get a word in edgewise, how a defense can put a quality QB, and even a team, over the top.  It is a team game and we had the right parts this year.  There are plenty of qb's that get the green light, that play from behind, that get the ball right back because their defense sucks ass.  Cam was that dude his rookie year.  Cam "matured" (aka won close games instead of lost)  this year because our defense is bad ass and because he answered the bell when he had to with game winning drives.  I was not impressed by anything other than the charisma and integrity of Cam in that interview.  ESPN still sucks.

There may be "better" QB's in this league(obviously as Cam is still young and growing) but there is not a single QB id take right now over Cam. Not one. Cam has more upside, on and off the field, than any one player in the league right now. This franchise is beyond lucky that he was there to draft.

I said AFTER the Cardinals game that I wouldn't trade Cam right then at that stage of his career for ANYONE in the HISTORY of football, past or present. 11 wins and another pro bowl later, I feel stronger than ever in this statement.

The thing I find most insulting about Steven A and Skip (especially in comparison to the "other young QB's") is, they don't actually watch Panther games. 

If they did, neither one of them would ever question Cam the way they did or say stupid stuff about the other QB's  (3 of them who are struggling by the way) potentially "passing him by", and "setting unrealistic expectations his first two NFL games". How insulting. Just watch the games, follow the team, and  you would know why. 

It's just that neither one of them (especially Skip) took Cam seriously, then to make it worse, when you don't watch the games, and/or know the personnel and coaching situation in Carolina the past 3 years, you look like a fool or troll. 

I'm curious to know, why/how after RG3's, Kaeps and Wilson current struggles (even Luck in the playoffs), why aren't they breathless about them losing relevance, as they've said about Cam and insultingly told him in his face, after just his second year?

SMH

Archived