• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One more to sign...

Mother Grabber

Ok...so last weekend I posted a message about signing draftees and mentioned that we apparently weren't so close to signing Brown. Within an hour, Brown signed. Earlier this week, I made the oh so funny crack about Irvin and his banana puddin, and within an hour he signed. Apparently, I have some connection with Marty. So, today's the day to get our last boy in there. Martin, you're on the clock...

Ok...so last weekend I posted a message about signing draftees and mentioned that we apparently weren't so close to signing Brown. Within an hour, Brown signed. Earlier this week, I made the oh so funny crack about Irvin and his banana puddin, and within an hour he signed. Apparently, I have some connection with Marty. So, today's the day to get our last boy in there. Martin, you're on the clock...

Well, MB, you forgot to add a wise crack and/or pessimistic statement about our lone draftee, so that means you've jinxed him to a potential holdout! ;)

My poor attempt at humor aside, I think Martin will be signed by Friday (no later than Saturday).

P.S. Is that the Marvel Comics hero Black Panther in your avatar? If so, it's very cool IMO.

That is true...the other two posts were made out of boredom during the slow period. I'm sure the fact that it's been 100+ out here in TX every day for the last two months hasn't helped much, either. Things are ramping up, though, now as the end of the week approaches. I'm looking forward to reading some great training camp reports soon.

That is Black Panther in my avatar. He was a bad ass, just like our boys. I've seen one other BP avatar, using artwork rather than a figure, though.

There isn't a single one of the draft picks that I don't think will show up and be lazy. I've said it before and I'll say it again: this is one of the best overall draft classes that the team has ever had (at least from first impressions) and every one of these guys seems ready to make an impact. Was hoping they would all be signed at least five days before camp. The sooner Martin signs, the better.

I keep reading every day about players for other teams who still haven't signed, many of whom are now missing camp practices. Our FO has done an excellent job the last couple of years of drafting not only good talent, but good character players.

I think that is one of the biggest strengths of this organization and one of the main reasons that Richardson is one of the more respected owners in the league. There's no circus atmosphere here...well, at least, there is very little circus atmosphere here.

Hell, even the Beason holdout and the Peppers drama have been relatively small headaches recently.

Archived