• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phils get Cliff Lee/Francisco

Johnny Rockets

Not quite Hallady but we didn't have to give up nearly as much either....initial thought is that I really love this deal. That is alot of left handed pitching in this rotation now. I don't know why but I like Francisco and have been waiting for him to break out. Hopefully he does just that with the Phils.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090729&content_id=6127048&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

Sources told MLB.com the Phillies and Indians have reached an agreement that would send Lee and outfielder Ben Francisco to the Phillies for right-handers Jason Knapp and Carlos Carrasco, shortstop Jason Donald and catcher Lou Marson.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Hammels is struggling mightly, as a lifelong Braves fan it pains me but the NL will be won by LA or STL noone else will be able to hang with them.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Hamels is not struggling as bad as you might suggest. He started off the year horribly by getting injured twice I believe in freak accidents. I think his ERA in April was in the mid teens. Since then he has been very solid and I think he will really begin to get into form now that he doesn't have the pressure of being the only ace. I'll take Lee and Hamels as a 1-2 in the playoffs all day long especially with that offense to support them. As far as LA and STL, they are good (especially STL) but I don't see why you think they are so elite. I guess we will see when the dust settles.

So does this mean Halladay stays put?

I thought Philly was the only logical place?

Somewhere out west now?

Saint Lou? Christ, please not Saint Lou.

If they trade him to a division rival like ESPN is suggesting may happen (Red Sox or maybe Yanks), they should pull baseball out of Canada. I hate that so many small market teams are even allowed to throw in the towel like this each year. The Pirates especially are a disgrace to baseball. (sorry Bubbadawg)

Archived