• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Trade Deadline Thread

Proudiddy

With all of the rumors swirling, I figured it was a good time to have a catchall thread here.  Any trade news or rumors pertinent to our team, or players that may be out there, post them here.

I was running through several of the rumors out there currently, and it appears that Caron Butler and Chase Budinger are available.  I think they both potentially fit the bill for what we need - a scoring wing, and would come a lot cheaper than Turner (who still doesn't quite make sense). 

Would you be willing to give Hendo up and move MKG to the 2 in order to get one of them?

Interesting, I can't copy and paste from my phone, but after I posted that last night Woj from Yahoo! Sports tweeted that we had traction on a deal with Milwaukee to net us both Caron Butler AND Gary Neal. It isn't as sexy as some would like, but that is sneaky good. I'd love a deal like that. Not committing tons of money or years, and improving instantly.

Interesting, I can't copy and paste from my phone, but after I posted that last night Woj from Yahoo! Sports tweeted that we had that traction on a deal with Milwaukee to net us both Car on Butler AND Gary Neal. It isn't as sexy as some would like, but that is sneaky good. I'd love a deal like that. Not committing tons of money or years, and improving instantly.

I don't understand that trade. That's not a long term solution. What exactly would they be trying to accomplish with that trade?

I don't understand that trade. That's not a long term solution. What exactly would they be trying to accomplish with that trade?

well, there wouldn't be nearly as big of a committment in terms of money and how much we gave up to get them... i'm willing to bet that we wouldn't be giving up a first rounder in that. And our depth becomes the greatest it has ever been 1-5. If we're able to rotate Butler and Neal in with the current starters, thats also the greatest shooting lineup we've ever had.

I'm hearing alot about Josh Smith for Ben Gordon straight up possibly a 2nd round pick thrown in.

From what i've seen, that originated from a bobcats fan podcast and then got picked up by detroit's biggest fan board. Have you seen it from anywhere credible?

The crazy thing is, it's almost a certainty that we will be making a move before the deadline. There's plenty of teams that could use and want BG's contract. Unless our FO suddenly decides that we'll hold onto BG and go after a big name in the summer, he will be traded. I'm also holding out hope that we can move Hendo for an offensive sg.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN now "reaffirming" that Bobcats are one of two teams trying to trade for Pau Gasol. The other being the Suns.

*facepalm*

What are we trying to do??? Young? Old? Take on more salary? Create salary cap room?? We just seem all over the place.

Archived