• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason: Would we have been better off?

Evengelion

and he was lucky for that..  no one has hindsight either.  How many more years do you really expect his body to hold up?  1? 2?  and then you're without any MLB and an average LT?

Instead, I would rather hope Gettleman hits on that same caliber LT while we hold onto Kuechly...

What about the WR position? You have to spend another hope on that one too.

Guest Dark Knight

Give me a franchise LT and a 3 time pro bowl MLB any day over just one player. Everyone but Cam is expandable in this team. Cam does a Lebron a go to another team and all you have left is a 2-14 team with a good MLB. Think about that. Without Keuchly we're still a double digit win team.

1) Cam is already under contract until 2018.

2) Cam isn't a bitch like LeBron.

you would rather have two dimes than a dollar.

when we could get another dollar this year. you take the dollar every time and continue building through the draft.

Players are getting older and contracts are coming up. You can't build teams sequentially. You cannot keep adding one good player at a time. Let me guess, a LT this year, a WR next year? By then we'll owe Keuchly a 60 mil contract and Cam 100 mil. You have to strike when the iron is hot. Those players aren't getting cheap by the year. With my scenario all we would have need for this year is a franchise WR and some work on the secondary. Now we're going into the off season trying to find a franchise player for both position. Very hard to do. Beason is not that far apart from Keuchly. The dude was in 3 pro bowls and he was only 28. That's accomplished right there.

Evangelion is choosing to look at quantity versus quality. Beason for all his prior accolades hasn't been offered an extension by the Giants. He helped to stabilize their defense. He was a leader who is being allowed to test the FA market. Sorry, accidentally posted. The fact is we drafted the BPA (Keuckly) an d it allowed us to get younger and better at the LB position. Now would I rather have a LT than all world LB? How did Seattle get to the Super Bowl again? On their earth shattering offense (like Detroit and Denver) or was it a top 3 defense (Seattle, Carolina, SF)? So the argument is flawed became of hindsight. Now we know that Beason was a great player but the Achilles took a lot out of him. We hedged our bets and we won. I think we made the right decision 100/100 on the Luke decision. Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Players are getting older and contracts are coming up. You can't build teams sequentially. You cannot keep adding one good player at a time. Let me guess, a LT this year, a WR next year? By then we'll owe Keuchly a 60 mil contract and Cam 100 mil. You have to strike when the iron is hot. Those players aren't getting cheap by the year. With my scenario all we would have need for this year is a franchise WR and some work on the secondary. Now we're going into the off season trying to find a franchise player for both position. Very hard to do. Beason is not that far apart from Keuchly. The dude was in 3 pro bowls and he was only 28. That's accomplished right there.

you're missing a huge factor in the 2 dimes argument..  You still have picks 2-7 to find your 2 dimes in any particular draft.  But in your argument you expect to beat every team with only a QB and fielding a team of average players..  You can't win games all the way to the SB with that philosophy.

What you can do is take the most important roles on either side of the ball and draft a true playmaker and fill good players around them.

If Gettleman only hits on 1 draft pick every year then you will have a valid point..

You're talking about ifs.

if you think you're talking about anything other than ifs than you haven't even thought out what type of conversation you started...

For example, Jon Beason is a hugggge "if" at this point in his career...

Archived