• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason: Would we have been better off?

Evengelion

Suppose we had drafted an OT in 2012 instead of Luke Keuchly, would we have been better as a team right now? No, this is not a Keek bashing by any stretch. The OT that was drafted that year after our pick was Riley Reif by the Lions. Had we drafted him he would probably be playing RT for us, thus our running and passing game would have been better throughout that span.  Instead of Keuchly we would have Beason playing his spot. Having Keek kind of forced us to get rid of Beason thus losing a starting caliber player in Beason. Not saying that Beason would have done the same or a better job but it wouldn't be that far off, especially behind our DL. The tiny edge we get from Keuchly we would probably have gotten an even bigger return from the offense with better protection.

Now with Gross retiring all we'd need to do is move him to the LT spot. So this off season we would only be worrying about WRs and secondary and maybe an OT in the later rounds. Right now we have a complete mess.

Here is a highlight of Beason's 2013 season. The guy is a beast.

I love me some Beason. His is the only ex player jersey I'll still wear. He's a class act, a great leader and a great guy. But no. Kuechly is to LBs what AJ Green was WRs and Clowney is supposed to be to DEs. I was against taking him at first but I was wrong. Guys like this don't come around every year or every couple of years. Kuechly is gonna be the best MLB in the game for a long time and you don't give that up for a JAG at RT.

Kuechly just won DPOY following his ROY campaign and you ask this poo? Get. Out.

I'm not saying Beason is a better player but he's a 3 time pro bowler so he's no slouch. We subtracted a starting caliber MLB for a starting caliber MLB, and we lost a franchise LT.

Archived